Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 17 Feb 2021 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2020 Languages B.A. English Bharathidasan University, B.A. Degree Examination, Developing Language Skills,Nov 2020. Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Bharathidasan University of Developing Language Skills paper? Here is the previous year question paper from Bharathidasan University. This is the original question paper of Developing Language Skills exam conducted in Nov 2020. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
S.no. 14149 D RCCEN 13
(For candidates admitted from 2008 - 2015)
B.A Degree Examination, Nov 2020
Part III - English - Major
DEVELOPING LANGUAGE SKILLS
Time : Three Hours
Maximum : 75 marks
SECTION A - (10×2 = 20 marks)
Answer all questions
1. What is Effective listening?
2. What is passive listening?
3. Define Skimming and Scanning.
4. What are reports?
5. Define Pronunciation.
6. What is meant by oral communication?
7. Identify the Four major types of paragraphs.
8. What is vocabulary?
9. Define Listening comprehension.
10. What is the purpose of 'Self Introduction'
SECTION B - (5×5=25)
Answer all questions choosing either a or b
11.a) What are the barriers to listening?
b) Identify the ways in which listening could be improved.
12.a) What are the four major forms of reading skills?
b) Identify the Four major types of reading.
13.a) What are the 'steps' of writing a report?
b) What is a paragraph and explain its components?
14.a) Stress the importance of non-verbal communication in the communicative process.
b) Attempt a paragraph on the topic 'Festival of lights'.
15.a) What is reports writing and explain its feature?
b) Attempt a paragraph on the importance of part III English Syllabus in Higher Education.
SECTION C - (3×10=30)
Answer any Three questions.
16. Attempt an essay on the various 'types' of listening.
17. Identify the 'types' of Reading with example.
18. What are the 'four' major skills of communication and explain how one is related to the other?
19. Provide a 'format' for report writing and write a newspaper report to its readers.
20. Imagine yourself to be an English teacher for class X. How will you teach a poem?
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Bharathidasan University,B.B.A Degree Examination, Organizational Behaviour (2008-2015) , Fourth Semester, Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University,B.B.A Degree Examination, Business Law (2008-2015) , Third Semester, Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University,M.A Degree Examination, English(2008-2015) , Second year, Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University, Diploma Examination, Fashion Technology,Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University,B.Sc Degree Examination, Social Psychology,Nov 2020.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.