Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 26 May 2021 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2020 General Other Diplomas Bharathidasan University, Diploma Examination, Fashion Technology, Pattern making and Grading, Nov 2020. Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Bharathidasan University of Fashion Technology paper? Here is the previous year question paper from Bharathidasan University. This is the original question paper of Fashion Technology exam conducted in Nov 2020. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
(For candidates admitted from 2017-18 onwards)
Diploma Examination, Nov 2020.
Pattern making and Grading
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 75 marks
Section A - (10×2=20 marks)
Answer all questions
1. Define Drafting.
2. Differentiate Draping and Drafting.
3. What is Commercial Pattern?
4. Explain Grading of Pattern
5. What is meant by dovetailing?
6. How is the pattern transferred in a silk fabric?
7. What is a romper? Give its use.
8. Give the principles of pattern alteration
9. List the measurement required for a frock.
10. What is boy's pyjama?
Section B - (5×5=25 marks)
Answer all questions choosing either (a) or (b)
11.a) What is meant by standard measurement?
b) How is the pattern altered by slash and spread method?
12.a) Write the method of handling slippery fabrics.
b) Give a detailed note on commercial pattern.
13.a) Elaborate on special layout.
b) How is the layout done for a middy?
14.a) Give instruction for drafting a Jabla.
b) Give the method of pattern alteration for flat chest and big abdomen.
15.a) How is the pattern drafted for a house coat?
b) Give the instructions for drafting summer frock with collar and steeve.
Section C - (3×10=30 marks)
Answer any Three questions
16. Elaborate an shifting, removing and introducing darts using various techniques on a bodice block.
17. What is special layout? Explain with suitable examples.
18. Give the step by step method of grading a skirt pattern.
19. How is the pattern drafted for an infant's garment? Give the designs and explain the alteration methods.
20. Elaborate the method of drafting the basic pattern for kameez and alteration for 3 designs.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Mathematics, Integral Equations Calculus of Variations and Fourier transforms , Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Mathematics, Ordinary Differential Equations, Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Physics, Mathematical physics II, Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University, B.A Degree Examination, English, Poetry II , Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University, B.Sc Degree Examination, General Chemistry IV, Nov 2020.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.