Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 11 Jun 2021 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 2)
2020 M.Sc Computer Science Bharathidasan University, M.sc Degree Examination, Computer Science, Network Security, Nov 2020. Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Bharathidasan University of Network Security paper? Here is the previous year question paper from Bharathidasan University. This is the original question paper of Network Security exam conducted in Nov 2020. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
(For candidates admitted from 2011-2015batch)
M.sc Degree Examination, Nov 2020.
Computer Science - Elective
Time : Three Hours Maximum : 75 marks
Part A - (10×2=20 marks)
Answer all questions
1. Distinguish between threat and attack with example.
2. Define the meaning of permutation with example.
3. How to find d and e in RSA?
4. Write the threats that PCKs has been designed to deal with.
5. In the content of Kerberos, what is realm?
6. What is role of public-key ring in security?
7. What are the protocols used to provide IP security?
8. How IPsec dos offer the authentication and confidentiality services.
9. List the classes of intruders.
10. List the design goals of firewalls.
Part B - (5×5=25 marks)
Answer all questions choosing either (a) or (b)
11.a) Write a note on passive attack.
b) What is cryptography? Explain various algorithms used for it. Differentiate between symmetric and asymmetric algorithm.
12.a) Describe feistel decryption algorithm.
b) What are the different models of operation in DES?
13.a) What is meant by one way property in hash function.
b) What do you understand by authentication? State it's requirements.
14.a) Discuss the architecture of IP Security in detail.
b) Briefly explain multi-purpose internal mail extension (MIME)
15.a) What is e-mail security? What are different protocols for e-mail security?
b) Explain PGP for e-mail security with operation model. Describe the use SMIME also.
Part C - (3×10=30 marks)
Answer any Three questions
16. Explain the types.of Host based intrusion detection. List any two IDS software available
17. Write notes on hash function. Discuss its functionality.
18. How does PGP provide confidentiality and authentication service for email and file storage Applications? Draw the block diagram and explain it's components.
19. Explain the concept of IP security. What are the applications and benefits of IP Security?
20. What is firewall? Mention the capabilities and limitations of firewall.
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Bharathidasan University, B.sc Degree Examination, Bio Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University, M.sc Degree Examination, Chemistry, Supramolecular chemistry and crystal engineering, Nov 2020.
Bharathidasan University, M.sc Degree Examination, Computer science, Computer simulation and Modeling, April 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.sc Degree Examination, Mathematics, Automata Theory, April 2021.
Bharathidasan University, B.C.A Degree Examination, C and Data Structure, Nov 2020.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.