Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 11 Feb 2022 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 3)
2021 M.Sc. Chemistry Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Chemistry, Cell biology and Genetics, Nov 2021. Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Bharathidasan University of Cell Biology and Genetics paper? Here is the previous year question paper from Bharathidasan University. This is the original question paper of Cell Biology and Genetics exam conducted in Nov 2021. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
PN 15 ZO 2
(For candidates admitted from 2015–2016 onwards)
M.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER 2021.
CELL BIOLOGY AND GENETICS
Time : Three hours
Maximum : 100 marks
SECTION A — (10 2 = 20)
Answer ALL the questions.
F1 F0 particle.
10. In breeding
SECTION B — (5 7 = 35)
Answer ALL questions, choosing either (a) or (b).
11. (a) Comment on the structure and working of ATP-binding casette proteins.
(b) Describe how mitogenic stimuli are transduced to the interior of the cell.
12. (a) What are cyclins? Discuss the role of cyclins D and E in cell cycle regulation.
(b) Discuss the role of tumor viruses in oncogenic transformation and explain
the properties of cancer cells.
13. (a) Describe the mechanism of DNA replication and its significance.
(b) ?mRNA is modified after transcription for proper translation? – Discuss.
14. (a) Using linked genes, describe the principle and mechanism of chromosome
(b) Discuss the genetic basis of sex determination in eukaryotes with suitable
15. (a) Derive Hardy – Weinberg equilibrium and comment on the factors that can
influence this equilibrium?
(b) What is Pedigree? Discuss with a suitable example the principle and
components involved in pedigree construction and analysis.
SECTION C — (3 15 = 45)
Answer any THREE questions.
16. Describe with suitable diagram the mechanism of ATP production through the
mitochandrial electron transport system.
17. What is programmed cell death? Explain with a neat labeled diagram the role of
caspase in signaling leading to cell apoptosis.
18. Give an account on the mechanism of translation initiated by RNA polymerases.
19. Using suitable examples disucss sex linked an sex limited inheritance in man.
20. Write an account on the genetic basis and symptoms of any four chromosomal
syndromes in man
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Electronics II, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.A Degree Examination, English, English for Special Purposes, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Hospital Administration, Administration of Hospital Staff and Medical Record, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Hospital Administration, Quality Assurance, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.com Degree Examination, Financial Management, Insurance Management, Nov 2021.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.