Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 13 Feb 2022 Posted By:: Jannane.M Member Level: Gold Points: 3 (₹ 3)
2021 Languages M.A. English Bharathidasan University, M.A Degree Examination, English, Grammar, Rhetoric and Writing, Nov 2021. Question paper
Are you looking for the old question papers from Bharathidasan University of Grammar, Rhetoric and Writing paper? Here is the previous year question paper from Bharathidasan University. This is the original question paper of Grammar, Rhetoric and Writing exam conducted in Nov 2021. Feel free to download the question paper from here and use it to prepare for your upcoming exams.
P 16 ENE 1
(For candidates admitted from 2016–2017 onwards)
M.A. DEGREE EXAMINATION, NOVEMBER 2021.
GRAMMAR, RHETORIC AND WRITING
Time : Three hours
Maximum : 75 marks
SECTION A — (10 2 = 20)
Answer ALL questions.
What is a clause?
Define a Phrase with examples.
What are the three elements of Rhetoric?
Name the five cannons of rhetoric.
What are discourse makers?
What constitutes the unity of a paragraph?
Explain what is loose organization of paragraph.
How to conclude an Essay?
Define narrative mode of discourse.
10. What is descriptive mode of discourse?
SECTION B — (5 5 = 25)
Answer ALL questions, choosing either (a) or (b).
11. (a) What are the four kinds of Sentences?
(b) Write a short note on vocabulary development.
12. (a) Explain in detail about inventive and arrangement cannons of Rhetoric.
(b) Write a short note on Memory and Delivery cannons of Rhetoric.
13. (a) Elucidate the methods of developing paragraphs.
(b) Write an essay on the importance of Topic sentence.
14. (a) How should one write the staring part of an essay?
(b) Write a short note on tight and loose organization.
15. (a) Comment briefly on the exposition and argumentative discourses.
(b) Elucidate descriptive and narrative discourse.
SECTION C — (3 10 = 30)
Answer any THREE questions.
16. Write an essay on phrases and clauses with suitable examples.
17. Discuss elaborately on the five cannons of Rhetoric.
18. Write an essay on paragraph unity.
19. What is the ideal structure of an essay?
20. What are the four kinds of discourses in Rhetoric?
Return to question paper search
Related Question Papers:
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Micro biology , General Biochemistry, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.com Degree Examination, Commerce, Retail Management, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.H.R.M Degree Examination, Organizational Behaviour, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.A Degree Examination, Mass communication and Journalism, Nov 2021.
Bharathidasan University, M.Sc Degree Examination, Botany, Nov 2021.
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.