Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 27 Feb 2010 Posted By:: praveen Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2008 University of Calicut Medical SECOND PROFESSIONAL M.B.B.S DEGREE EXAMINATION, 2008 MICROBIOLOGY – Paper 1 University Question paper
1. Multiple Choice Questions. Single response type 8 (separate sheet attached)
(8x1/2 = 4 marks)
II. Match the following. Single response type 8 (Separate sheet attached) (8x1/2 = 4
III.Draw and label:
2. Bacterial cell wall
IV.Short answer questions:
1. Difference between Exotoxin and Endotoxin.
2. Mention Koch's postulates.
3. Functions of the complement
4. Differentiation between Classical and Eltor vibrio. (4x1 = 4 marks)
V.Write short notes on:
2. THRC agents.
3. Helcobacter (3x2 = 6 marks)
VI . Read the paragraph and answer the following:A
24 years male came to the STD clinics with Fever, Myalgia and
Mucocutaneous rash. He gave past history sexual exposure and painless ulcer over the
1. What is the serological test commonly done?
2. What is your diagnosis?
3. What type of AntigenAntibody
4. What are the specific serological tests done for this clinical conditions?
(1+2+2+5 = 10 marks)
VII. Short answer questions:
1. Mention nonvenereal
2. What are the aetiology of postoperative
3. IMVIC test
4. Transmission and lesions produced by Bacillus Anthrax (4x1 = 4
VIII.Write short notes on:
1. Hot air oven 2. Bacterial vaccines 3. Coagulase test
(3x2 = 6marks)
MICROBIOLOGY –Paper 1
1. MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS
1. Phagocytosis was discovered by:
(A) Robert Koch (B) Burnet
(C) Edward Jenner (D) Metchnikoff
2. The generation time of mist of the bacteria is:
hours (B) 1520
seconds. (D) 2448
3. Variable portion of antibody molecule is:
4. Reaction of soluble antigen with antibody is known as:
(A) Agglutination (B) Precepitation
(C) Complement fixation test (D) Floculation
5. The streptococus pneumoniae produce on blood agar:
(B) Beta haemolysis
(C) Gamma haemolysis (D) No haemolysis
6. The mode of spread of tetanus neurotoxin from blood to brain is:
(A) Via lymphatics (B) Cranial nerves
(C) Arterial blood (D) Venous blood
7. “Vi" antigen of Salmonella is helpful to find out:
(A) Carrier stage. (B) Infective stage
(C) Immunity (D)Susceptability
8. Darling movements are seen in:
(A) Salmonella (B) Vibro
(C) Treponema (D) Clostridium (8x1/2 = 4 marks)
MICROBIOLOGY – Paper 1
II. Match the following:A
1. Dick test (a) Lymphogranuloma
2. Schick test (b) Scarlet fever
3. Montoux test (c) Diphtheria
4. Freis test (d) Tuberculosis
B 1. Swigella flexneri (a) Gram negative, motile, aerobic
2. Proteus (b) Gram negative, single polar flagella
3. Vibrio cholera (c) Gram negative, motile, aerobis.
4. Pseudomonas (d) Gram negative, motile, pigmenters.
(8x1/2 = 4 marks)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.