Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 27 Feb 2010 Posted By:: praveen Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2008 University of Calicut Medical SECOND PROFESSIONAL M.B.B.S DEGREE EXAMINATION, AUGUST 2008 MICROBIOLOGY – Paper II University Question paper
I. Multiple Choice Questions. Single response type – 8 (separate sheet attached).
(8x1/2 = 4 marks)
II. Match the following. Single response type8.
(separate sheet attached) (8x1/2 = 4
III. Draw and label:
1. Egs of Schistasomes.
2. Gametocytes of P. Falciparum. (2x1= 2 marks)
IV. Short answer questions:
1. Mention the prophylaxis of poliomyelitis.
2. Morphology of Bacteriophage and uses.
3. Morphology and examination of cryptococcus neoforms.
4. Morphology of E. Histolytica. (4x1= 4 marks)
V. Write short notes on:
1. Laboratory diagnosis of Toxoplasma.
3. Dermatophytes (3x2 = 6 marks)
VI. Read the paragraph and answer the following questions:24
years old man suffered many attacks of diarrhoea which has now become
continuous with Flatulence and abdominal distension. Stool examination reveled
round, bile stained with unsegmented ovum and outer rugosities of thick albuminous
(a) What is the diagnosis?
(b) What are the complications of this infection?
(c) Explain concentration technique of stool examination for ova/cyst.
(1+3+6 = 10 marks)
VIII.Write short answer questions:
1. What is the difference between Bacteria and Viruses?
2. Name the vectors of Arbo viral infections and one desire transmitted by them.
3. Casoni's tests.
4. Morphology and examination of cryptococcus. (4x1 = 4 marks)
IX.Write short notes on:
1. Prophylaxix of Rabies
2. Opportunistic mycotic infections.
3. Larva migrans
(3x2 = 6 marks)
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.