Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 29 Apr 2010 Posted By:: Vijay Kumar Vishwakarma Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2009 Rani Durgavati Vishwavidyalaya Govt. Science College, B.Sc. Physics University Question paper
Govt. Science College, Jabalpur
1. Two thin lenses of power + 3 D and – 1 D are in contact. What is the focal length of the combination ?
2. Define 'stopping potential' with reference to photo-electric effect.
3. Name the physical quantity whose S I unit is newton/coulomb.
4. What should be the length of the dipole antenna for a carrier wave of 300 k Hz ?
5. What is the value of magnetic susceptibility of a diamagnetic material ?
6. Write one representative equation of nuclear fusion reaction.
7. Define the terms angle of dip' and 'vertical component of earth's magnetic field' at a place.
8. With the help of circuit diagram, describe the use of zener diode as a voltage stabilizer.
9. You are given n resistors, each of resistance R. These are first connected to get minimum possible resistance. In the second case, these are again connected so as to get maximum possible resistance. Compare the ratio between the minimum and maximum values of resistances so obtained.
10. State two main points of difference between self-inductance and mutual inductance.
A coil of inductance 100 m H and resistance 40 ? is connected to a 220 V, 50 Hz a c source. Calculate the impedance of the coil.
11. A radioactive nucleus A decays as follows :
If the mass number and atomic number of are 176 and 71 respectively, what are the mass numbers and atomic numbers of and A ?
12. Draw a labelled ray diagram to show the image formation in a refracting type astronomical telescope when the final image is being formed at infinity.
13. The capacitance of a parallel plate air capacitor is 6 n F. What will be the capacitance if the distance between the plates be reduced by rd and the space between them is filled with a substance of dielectric constant 4 ?
14. Refractive index of carbon-di-sulphide is 1.62. Find the value of critical angle in it.
15. Draw a diagram to show variation of thermoelectric emf produced in a thermocouple with temperature of hot junction. Define 'neutral temperature' and 'temperature of inversion'.
16. How will you use a metre bridge to measure an unknown resistance ? Draw the relevant circuit diagram.
17. For what purpose Davisson-Germer's experiment was performed ? Find the ratio of de Broglie wavelengths associated with an ?-particle and a proton, if both particles have same value of kinetic energy.
18. Draw a circuit diagram for a two input AND gate and explain its working.
19. Distinguish between analog and digital communication. Write any two modulation techniques employed for the digital data.
20. Draw a schematic diagram of a single optical fibre structure. Describe in brief, the mechanism of propagation of light signal through an optical fibre.
Define the term 'critical frequency' in relation to sky wave propagation of electromagnetic waves.
On a particular day, the maximum frequency reflected from the ionosphere is 10 M Hz. On another day, it was found to decrease to 8 M Hz. Calculate the ratio of the maximum electron densities of the ionosphere on the two days.
21. Show mathematically that the average power supplied to an ideal capacitor by an a c source over a complete cycle is zero.
22. Draw a circuit diagram for use of a p-n-p transistor as an amplifier in common emitter configuration. The input resistance of a transistor is 500 ?. On changing the base current by 20 ? A, the collector current changed by 1 m A. If a load resistance of 10 k ? is used in the circuit, calculate :
(i) the current gain,
(ii) voltage gain of the amplifier.
23. Write the order of frequency range and one use of each of the following electromagnetic radiations :
(i) Ultra-violet rays,
(ii) Radio waves,
24. The primary coil of an ideal step up transformer has 100 turns and the transformation ratio is also 100. The input voltage and power are 220 V and 1100 W respectively. Calculate :
(i) number of turns in the secondary,
(ii) the current in the primary,
(iii) the current in the secondary.
25. Define the term binding energy of a nucleus. Draw a diagram to show the variation of binding energy per nucleon with mass number for different nuclei. State why light nuclei usually under go nuclear fusion.
26. (a) What are coherent sources of light ? State two conditions for two light sources to be coherent.
(b) Derive a mathematical expression for the width of interference fringes obtained in Young's double slit experiment.
(a) Draw the geometrical shape of the wave fronts when (i) light diverges from a point source, and (ii) light emerges out of a convex lens when a point source is placed at its focus.
(b) State Huygen's principle. With the help of a suitable diagram, prove Snell's law of refraction using Huygen's principle.
27. Define dipole moment of an electric dipole. An electric dipole is held in a uniform electric field. Derive an expression for the torque acting on it.
An electric dipole of dipole moment is aligned parallel to a uniform electric field of . Calculate the work done in rotating it through 180.
State Gauss' theorem. Give its mathematical expression. Derive an expression for the electric field strength at any point due to an infinite, plane, thin sheet of charge having charge density.
28. Derive a mathematical expression for the force per unit length experienced by each of the two long current carrying conductors placed parallel to each other in air. Hence define one ampere of current. Also show that forces experienced by two conductors behave as action-reaction forces.
Draw a neat labelled diagram of a cyclotron. State the underlying principle and explain how a positively charged particle gets accelerated in this machine. Show mathematically that the cyclotron frequency does not depend upon the speed of the particle.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.