Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 26 May 2010 Posted By:: Vijay Kumar Vishwakarma Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2010 Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya(Technical University) B.E Mechanical Engineering MODEL QUESTION PAPER - 2010, RGPV, Bhopal, Mechanical Engg. Question paper
QUESTION(1) Answer the following.
1. What is difference between saturated liquid, saturated vapor and superheated vapor?
2. What happens to temperature and pressure during boiling process?
3. Which process needs more energy, complete vaporization of 1kg of saturated liquid at 1bar pressure or complete vaporization of 1kg of saturated liquid at 8 bar pressure? Why?
4. Which process needs ore energy, complete vaporization of 1kg of saturated liquid at 100oC temperature complete vaporization of 1kg of saturated liquid at 200oC temperature? Why?
QUESTION(2) Differentiate between:
1. Closed and open systems
2. Adiabatic and isothermal process
3. Heat and temperature
4. Isolated and closed systems
5. Intensive and extensive properties
6. Heat and work
A tank whose volume is unknown is divided into two parts by a separating partition. One side of the tank contains 0.01 m3 of refrigerant 134a that is saturated at 0.8 MPa, while the other side is evacuated. The partition is removed and tank fills the entire volume of the tank. If the final state of the refrigerant is 25 oC and 200 kPa, determine the volume of the tank.
(a) Air at 4.18 kg/m3 enters a nozzle that has an inlet to exit area ratio of 2:1 with a velocity of 120 m/s and leaves with 380 m/s. Determine the density of the air as it leaves the nozzle.
(b)A vacuum gage connected to a chamber reads 24 kPa at a location where atmospheric pressure is 92 kPa. Determine the absolute pressure in the chamber.
© Determine change in the internal energy change and the enthalpy of nitrogen as it is heated from 600 K to 1000 K using
(i) constant value of Cp and Cv
(ii) Average value of Cp and Cv
QUESTION(5) Complete the table
T,oC P,kPa u,kJ/kg phase
220 Saturated vapor
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.