Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 15 Jan 2011 Posted By:: Janaki V Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2009 B.C.A. Computer Application University of Madras BCA Data Communications and Networking Question paper
APRIL 2009 Maximum: 100 marks
Time 3 hours
PK6A DATA COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING
Part A (10x3 = 30 marks)
Answer any ten
1. What are the components of a data communication system? List them.
2. Distinguish between point to point and multi point connections
3. What is the function of Network Layer?
4. Define Serial Transmission.
5. What is meant by FDM?
6. What are MODEMS?
7. Write a note on Single-bit error.
8. Define Switched Network.
9. What is ISDN?
10. Define ATM.
11. What are Gateways?
12. What is TCP/IP Network?
Answer any five
13. Discuss about different categories of Network topology.
14. What are the responsibilities of the transport layer? Discuss briefly.
15. Distinguish between Asynchronous and Synchronous Transmissions.
16. Write short notes on Error detection.
17. Discuss briefly about FDDI.
18. Explain about X.25 layers.
19. Write short notes on WWW.
Part C (4x10=40marks)
Answer any four
20. Explain about different categories of computer networks.
21. Describe in detail Unguided Media.
22. Explain about Token Bus and Token Ring.
23. Discuss in detail Connection Oriented and Connectionless services.
24. Explain about ISDN Layers
25. Write short notes on: (a) Bridges (b)ATM protocol
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.