Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 20 Jan 2011 Posted By:: Faizan Ahmad Member Level: Gold Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2010 University of Allahabad Commerce Allahabad University, B.Com. (Part-II) Examination, Business Statistics University Question paper
B.Com. (Part-II) (New Course)
Time Allowed: Three Hours] [Maximum Marks: 100
Note: This paper is divided into part- 'A' and Part-'B'. Attempt all questions from Part- 'A' and three questions from Part-'B'. Use of calculator is prohibited.
Note: Attempt all eight questions. Answer in not more than 100 words. Each question carries 5 marks.
1. "Statistics are numerical statement of facts, but all facts numerically stated are not statistics." Explain
2. What do you mean by Central -Tendency?
3. What is skewness? How is it measured?
4. What is Spearman's Rank Correlation Coefficient? Discuss its utility.
5. Distinguish between Additive model and Multiplicative Model of Time-Series.
6. In how many ways can a cricket team of eleven players be chosen from 15 cricketers if:
(a) a specific player is always to be included
(b) a specific player is not to be included in the team.
7. Distinguish between assumptions of Parametric Test and Non-Parametric Test.
8. From the following values find the standard deviation-
Mean= 45, Median= 48 and coefficient of skewness= - 0.4
Note: Attempt any three questions. The maximum words limit to answer each question is 600 words. Each question carries 20 marks.
9. Calculate Mean, Median and Mode from the following table:
Less than 5 7
Less than 10 20
15 and above 55
25 and above 05
30 and above 01
10. Find out the production of 2004 and 2006 from the following:
Year 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008
Production in 180 ? 250 ? 320 400
11. The mean population of random sample of 500 villages of Allahabad Districts is 480 with a standard deviation of 15. The mean population of sample 600 villages of Varanasi District is 475 with standard deviation of 18. Is the difference between two sample mean statistically significant?
12. The following gives the mean annual wages of a worker and price index
numbers. Find the real wage index numbers:
Year 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009
Wages 4000 4800 7000 7200 7200 7400 7500
Price Index 100 160 280 290 300 320 330
13. Write Notes on any two of the following:
(i) Properties of normal distribution
(ii) Distinguish between Addition theorem and Multiplication theorem of Probability.
(iii) Coefficient of variation and its use
(iv) Limitations of Secondary Data
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.