Download Model question papers & previous years question papers
Submit Previous Years University Question Papers
Posted Date: 16 Mar 2011 Posted By:: divya s k Member Level: Silver Points: 5 (₹ 1)
2011 Bangalore University M.Com Accounting and Finance I Semester M.Com. Degree Examination, February/March 2011 (2007-08 Scheme)(NS) COMMERCE Paper - 1.2: Monetary System Question paper
I Semester M.Com. Degree Examination, February/March 2011
Paper - 1.2: Monetary System
Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 80
SECTION – A
1. Answer any ten of the following in about 3-4 lines each. Each sub-question carries
2 marks. (2X10=20)
a) What is meant by near money?
b) How do credit money is created?
c) What is meant by monetary standard?
d) What do you understand by Gresham's Law?
e) How notes are issued under Fixed Fiduciary System?
f) State two assumptions of Fisher's Quantity Theory of money.
g) What do you mean by Balance of Payment?
h) What are the items to be included under apital Account?
i) Define the Devaluation.
j) What are the institutions started under Bretton Wood Agreement?
k) What do you mean by forward market?
l) Define Hedging.
Answer any three from this section. Each question carries 5 marks.
2. What is meant by Bimetallism? What are its advantages?
3. Give your arguments for and against a system of fixed exchange rates.
4. Write a note on Euro bond market.
5. Differentiate between devaluation and depreciation of money.
6. Bring out the nature and uses of SDRs by the member countries of the IMF.
Answer any three questions from this section. Each question carries 15 marks.
7. Critically examine the role of money in different economies.
8. What do you mean by circular flow of money? Explain the circular flow of money in an economy. Use diagrams to illustrate your answer.
9. Compare and contrast the transactions approach and cash balances approach of theory of money.
10. Explain the concept of disequilibrium in the balance of payment. How does it arise? What are the methods available to restore equilibrium?
11. What is paper currency standard? Bring out its merits and demerits.
Return to question paper search
and make money from adsense revenue sharing program
Are you preparing for a university examination? Download model question papers
and practise before you write the exam.