How and when to study in UK
Many Indian students desire to go UK for higher education. So, let's have a detailed study on this
Top universities of UK
• University Of Oxford
• University Of Cambridge
• Imperial College, London
• University College, London
• London School Of Economics
• University Of St Andrews, Scotland
• University Of Warwick, Coventry
• University Of Exeter, Exeter
• Durham University, Durham
• Bristol University, Bristol
Favorite courses of Indian students
• International business
• Information technology
• Business administration and management
• Human resources management
• Banking and finance
Things to enquire
• What is the location of university?
• It's in city or far way from main city? If the university is located in metro city, then it will be have a good exposure
• Whether the university is recognized in that city of UK or not? For this purpose you can visit at the website of AIU at www.aiuweb.org
• What is the ranking of that university in that city and how old s the university?
• How is the popularity of that university among local students?
• How is the infrastructure of the university?
• Where the facility of accommodation is provide or not? If yes, then how it is?
• What is the ranking of the university for the subject you want to do? To know the rankings university viz or subject viz, visit at www.thecompleteuniversityguide.co.uk
Beginning of session
In UK, the universities start the admission process twice in a year- September and January. All universities start admission process in September while some universities take admissions in January also along with in September.
When to apply
The process starts in January-February to apply for the session starting institute September. It's better to apply for the September session. This helps in getting easy accommodation in the universities. Some universities also facilitate with scholarship in September, so you can also apply for it.
Tests to be given
You have to clear IELTS (International English Language Testing System) before migrating to UK for higher studies. If you want to do the management in universities like Oxford and Cambridge, then you have to pass GMAT also along with IELTS.
The expenditure depends upon the university, course and your accommodation. But still, generally the expenditure totals to approx. Rs. 15 lakhs per annum including fees, accommodation, food etc.
Part time jobs
If you are not doing degree course, then you can work for maximum 10 hours in a week. If you are doing degree course or postgraduate course, then you are allowed to do any job for a maximum of 20 hours in a week. If you work for 20 hours in a week, then you can easily reimburse your accommodation cost, food cost and fees.
Some more important tips
• if you have international driving license, then you can easily use it for an hour.
• Don't forget to do your registration in the nearby job centre after you settle down there after 1-2 weeks.
• It's better to book your accommodation in the university in the beginning rather than to take your private accommodation.
• Carry warm clothes with you as the weather of UK is generally cold.
• Although E-learning is followed in most of the universities, but carry some stationery with you as stationery is very costly there.
British High Commission,
The British Council Division,
17, Kasturba Gandhi Marg,
New Delhi- 110001
16, Comrade Inderjeet Gupta Marg(Kotla Marg),
New Delhi- 110002
e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Some important websites
Please visit the resource at http://www.indiastudychannel.com/resources/126293-TESTS-NECESSARY-TO-DO-HIGHER-STUDIES-IN-ABROAD.aspx for detailed information about it.