Master of Business Administration
First Year Paper IV - Management Accounting Syllabus
Management Accounting – Meaning and Purpose
Financial Accounting – Preparation of Income statement and Balance Sheet –Interpretation and use of these statements by management.
1. Ratio Analysis and Funds Statement.
2. Capital Expenditure Evaluation – Capital budgetary concept – Methods – Limitations – Capital Expenditure Control.
3. Budgetary Control – Nature and objective of budgetary control – Limitations.
4. Cost Accounting – Elements of cost – Cost of goods manufactured – Pricing of elements – Basis of allocation – Standard costing and variance analysis – Job and process costing.
5. Marginal Costing – Cost Volume – Profit relationship – Break – Even Analysis – Direct costing vs Absorption costing.
6. Reporting to Management – Uses of Accounting information in Managerial decision - making.
1. J.R. Batliboi, Double entry Book – Keeping – The Standard Accounting Publication Pvt. Ltd., India.
2. Horngren. Sundem Sralton, Introduction to Management Accounting, New Delhi, Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., 1999.
3. Man Mohan & S.N. Goyal, Principal of Management Accounting – Sahityabhavan, 2000.
4. I.M Pandey, Management Accounting, 3rd edition New Delhi, Vikas Publication, 2000.
5. Robert N.Antony, Management Accounting Principles – D.B. Tareporevala Sons & Co. Ltd.
6. Ronald N. Hilton, Managerial Accounting, 5th edition New Delhi, Tata McGraw Hill, 2002.
7. Srinivasan N.P. Management Accounting Sterling Publication, 1996.