1. Gram flour (besan) 4 tablespoons
2. Curd 3 cups (Bit sour in taste)
3. Salt to taste
4. Turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
5. Oil 1 tablespoon
6. Mustard seeds ½ teaspoon
7. Ginger paste 2 teaspoons
8. Garlic paste 1 teaspoon
9. Green chillies, slit 2
10. Asafoetida (hing)1 pinch
11. Curry leaves 4-6
12. Chopped coriander leaves 2 tablespoons
1. Mix besan and curd thoroughly in a deep vessel.
2. Add two cups of water, salt to taste and turmeric powder.
3. Cook on low flame and stir continuously.
4. Heat oil in one pan. Add mustard seeds. When they begin to splutter add ginger and garlic paste, slit green chillies, pinch of asafoetida and curry leaves.
5. Cook for a minute and then add it to the kadhi.
6. Cook this kadhi on medium flame till boiled and stir continuously until kadhi get thick.
7. Remove from heat, add salt as per taste.
8. Before serving add chopped coriander leaves.
1. To give different look but same taste, do not add turmeric powder in curry.
2. Instead of green chillies add 2-3 chopped red chillies while doing tadka.