Ingredients of Egg yolk mayonnaise
1)Egg yolks 3-4
2)Oil (preferably olive oil) 2 cups
3)Lemon juice 1 tsp
4)Vinegar 1-2 tsp
5)Mustard powder ¼ tsp
6)Crushed pepper (black or white) ¼ tsp
7)Salt ½ tsp
8)Other Flavoring ingredients; if needed (parsley, tarragon, paprika, garlic, cheese, mixed herbs, etc)
Procedure of Mayonnaise prepared with egg yolk
1) Heat water in a large vessel and place the bowl in which mayonnaise has to be prepared. (keep the flame on while making mayonnaise, you may skip this step)
2) Take egg yolks in a bowl and beat them with a balloon whisk or electric beater. Beat till yolks turn light yellow.
3) Now add oil drop by drop and continue beating the egg mixture, till the emulsion of egg and oil is formed.
4) When ¼ of oil is beaten along with egg, pour remaining oil and beat till creamy consistency is attained.
5) Now add salt, vinegar, lemon juice and other flavorings to mayonnaise mixture, continue beating for more 5-6 minutes. (once you add vinegar mayonnaise starts turning thick.)
6) Now bottle mayonnaise and refrigerate it before serving. This mayonnaise can be kept for 3-4 days in the refrigerator.
Procedure of preparing mayo in mixer or food processor
1)Take egg yolks in a mixer container or food processor. Beat till yolks turn light yellow.
2)Add vinegar and lemon juice, beat again for a minute.
3)Now place the mayonnaise bowl in double boiler for 1-2 minutes and stir continuously. (you may skip this step)
4)Add oil drop by drop and continue beating till nice thick creamy mixture is formed.
5)Add dressing and other remaining ingredients. Beat for more 5-6 minutes.
6)Refrigerate and serve.
Egg white Mayonnaise
Take ½ cup of egg whites and 1 whole egg along with ¾ cup of oil and follow the above steps. Season mayo with salt, pepper and mustard beat again and serve chilled.
Note: This is a diet mayo. It is not as thick and yellowish as of mayonnaise prepared with egg yolks.
1)Double boiling mayo is necessary as raw eggs contain salmonella, you may skip this step by using pasteurized eggs.
2)You may pasteurize eggs at home in micro wave by heating them for few seconds. (45- 50 sec.)
3)You may mix mayonnaise mixture with cream before serving.
Ingredients of egg less mayonnaise
1)Flour 1 cup
1)Milk 1 cup
2)Butter or olive oil ¾ cup
3)Mustard powder, Pepper powder and other seasoning ingredients (altogether 1 tsp)
4)Salt ¼ tsp
5)Vinegar ½ tsp
6)Whipped cream 1 cup
7)Soy milk or condensed milk 1 cup (for method 2)
8)Oil ½ cup (for method 2)
9)Lemon juice 3 tbsp (for method 2)
10)Vinegar 2 tsp (for method 2)
Procedure of preparing mayonnaise without eggs
1)Melt butter in a pan and add flour in it.
2)Fry the flour till aroma of butter releases
3)Add milk, let the mixture boil and become thick and creamy.
4)Now, add salt and other remaining seasonings; mix well.
5)Let this mixture cool and gently fold it with cream.
6)Chill and serve the mayonnaise.
1)Combine soy milk or condensed milk, salt, pepper, vinegar, lemon juice and other seasonings, in a mixer bowl or food processor.
2)Now drop by drop add oil, till the mixture becomes thick.
More articles: Recipe