Indian Institute of Mass communication
IIMC is an internationally recognized, one of the renowned centre for training and research in Mass communication field, media studies; it is an autonomous body which is funded by the ministry of Information and Broadcasting, Government of India. IIMC is calling for admission, and applications for the regular courses. The courses are listed below.
Courses at IIMC
1. Post graduate Diploma course in Journalism (English), New Delhi, Dhenkanal (Orissa), Amravati (Maharashtra), Aizwal (Mizoram), Jammu (J&K) and Kottayam (Kerala).
2. Post graduate Diploma course in Journalism (Hindi), New Delhi
3. Post graduate Diploma course in Radio and Television Journalism, New Delhi
4. Post graduate Diploma course in Advertising and Public Relations, New Delhi
5. Post graduate Diploma course in Journalism (Oriya) Dhenkanal Branch (Orissa)
Duration of the Course:
Full duration of the course is from August 2012 to August 2013.
Eligibility for IIMC:
The eligibility for the course is the bachelor degree. All those students who are currently in the final year of their graduation/degree can also apply for the course.
Age limit for admission at IIMC:
(i) For SC/ST/PH 1.8.1982 or later
(ii) For OBC 1.8.1984 or later
(iii) For general 1.8.1987 or later
Fees for the courses:
1. For the courses listed at 1 and 2 position the total amount to be submitted is 42,000/-
2. For the courses listed at 3 position the total amount to be submitted is 92,000/-
3. For the courses listed at 4 position the total amount to be submitted is 64,000/-
4. For the courses listed at 1 and 2 position the total amount to be submitted is 26,000/-.
Accommodation at IIMC:
There are separate hostel for both boys and girls, but seats are limited for the candidates and, there is no special privilege for any student. There are hostel at all the mentioned branches.
Entrance examination for IIMC:
1. There will be an all India course entrance test on 21st of May 2012 at the various cities all over country.
2. For the Oriya journalism course there will be an entrance test on 22nd May 2012.
There will be an interview for the mentioned courses at the New Delhi campus whereas for the Oriya language course and branch there will be an interview at Dhenkanal, Orissa.
How to Apply at IIMC:
1. Application forms can be collected in person or by post from the college campus. The fee of the form is 1200/- only and there is a reduction in fee of the application for the SC/ST/PH/OBC as they can get it for 1100/- only.
2. For Online application process, the candidate is advised to go through the institute's website and follow the instruction. After the successful filling and completion of the form they are advised to send the print out at the college address along with a demand draft of the required amount in an envelope also bearing own address and stamp of 70/- inside the form.
3. Last date for the submission of the complete application form is 20 April 2012.
For any further inquiry please contact the website www.iimc.gov.in.
1.For Main Campus-011-26741062, 26741073, 26741352(New Delhi)
2.For Orissa Branch-06762-26194, 226196(Dhenkanal).