Vermicelli (Semiya) - 2 cups
Egg – 2
Onion – 2 medium
Red Chilly or Green chilly- 5 nos
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 3 ½ tablespoon
Mustard seeds – 1 teaspoon
Urad Dhal – 1 teaspoon .
Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
Red Chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
Salt to taste
1. Roast the vermicelli in a pan without adding oil. Remove it from the pan and keep it separate, once it attained a light brown color.
2. Now add some oil to the pan. Once the temperature is attained, add Mustard seeds and add Urad dhal after the mustard seeds start splattering. Add red chilly or green chilly and fry them properly.
3. Add sliced onions and fry them till they get cooked properly. Now at one side of the pan, add ginger garlic and fry them for few seconds.
4. Mix the ginger garlic paste and onion together in the pan and then the chopped tomatoes.
5. After few minutes of stirring, add turmeric powder, red chilly powder, and salt. Stir them for few seconds.
6. Then add the beaten egg to the mixture and fry them in low flame.
7. Once you see the egg is cooked properly, add some water required for the vermicelli to boil and cook.
8. Check the liquid for salt and if find it less then add little more. Please don't add more salt because the vermicelli itself has salty nature. And also once the liquid is concentration decreases, then the salt will precipitate and increase the saltiness.
9. Once the liquid starts boiling, add the vermicelli and close the pan with lid. Cook it under low flame.
10. If it's cooked, then serve it hot with sauce or pickle.
This egg Semiya Upma is specially meant for kids since they always get bored to one particular dish. For a change, feed them with this variety kind of food and keep them cheer up.