A few tips to prevent children from boredom on travel
Children are very enthusiastic about travel. They will like to take the vantage seats or window side seats. That way they can see the interesting sights along the way. But very soon they feel bored and tired. Then they start troubling parents with all kinds of things. What can be done here?
Give children variety
With all the tips given above they may get bored after sometime. So now the need some change.
Tips for keeping children properly fed during travel
Children may not be able to follow correct routine of eating during travel. They may feel frequently hungry and thirsty.
Reminder tips to avoid children falling sick during travel
If the children are on regular medication, do not forget and doubly ensue to carry the needed medicines in sufficient sock.
Arrange medicines to get easily on need.
If not on regular medication, carry the common symptomatic medicines for fever, cold and cough, headache, indigestion etc.
Keep simple aids like adhesive tapes,(band-aid, smoothening and antiseptic ointments.
Miscellaneous tips to make children enjoy travel
A final word as a tip
It is advisable to have this article ready in hand and compile the tips as per one's requirement and make it as a check list and ensure that it is complied by ticking each item by verifying. If properly followed, you will not have any complaints about your children, They will be eager to travel with you and you will also like to take them with you. Children will grow by enjoying and appreciating travel.
The tips provided in this article will surely prove handy to those who are travelling with their children. Travelling with children, especially kids, is a tough affair. You need lot of patience and some extra energy to manage them within the limited space available. The most common question, I feel, asked by children is with regard to the number of stations left to reach our destination.
Thanks Saji,you have given a relevant point. It is better to have the printout of the list of stations from start to destination. It is available in the railway websites. I practice same. It can also be used to check whether the train is on time or late. It can be used as a record of your travel for future reference and reminiscence.
Good article. Yes thats the problem children normally get bore while travelling.
Thats the reason we should carry magazine, toys, video games etc to avoid their boredom.
We should prefer going by our personal vehicles as its tough to travel with the kids in public transport.
When you travel by your own car you have the option to stop at any place and may enjoy for few minutes and travel again.
Carrying camera with you is a nice option as one can take pictures of the place when you take a hault while a tour. I normally do that and kids enjoy a lot while taking pics of sceneries and selfies.
Many of us avoid travelling with children as we feel it is almost impossible to keep them steady. Travelling will seem more like a task rather than a fun-filled holiday. Especially if kids are too young, parents do not plan holidays. They only travel in case it cannot be avoided on certain occasions such as if there is a family function etc. However, if properly planned and all the things are taken care of, travelling with kids become much more fun and easy.
Here are a few more tips-
- Carry some comfort articles along. For example a stuffed toy, pillow or the blanket without which child does not sleep. Travelling to a new place and seeing new faces can be too much to the child and this can worsen unsteadiness. Travelling with such items that comfort the child means carrying something that the child is familiar with. Thus, it helps the child to adjust to the new places.
- Before travelling, prepare a proper plan. Research everything and pre-book to avoid the hustle. There should be enough time allotted to rest and to see the places. Also, allow some time for the kids to play around. Not following the time table is the main reason for getting tired. Follow the schedule as much as possible. Remember child cannot adjust too much as per adult's requirements. Let the plan be flexible. Let the child sleep for adequate hours and let the child enjoy playing time before setting foot out for sightseeing.
A very good guide to help people who travel with their young children on long trips or on vacation. We know that small children find it difficult to sit in one place for long hours and thus when travelling a long way, we need to inform them well in advance. As mentioned by the author, we can have a small meeting on the food table about the place of a visit, travel time, number of days, etc. This will help the children to have their own plan and may even help us prepare well for the vacation or trip.
Some of the tips that can be added in the list are:
1. Always be flexible and provide ample time for children to enjoy instead of always following a Hitler plan.
2. Do keep spare time for children to play as it will help them to enjoy more.
3. Try to capture the lovely moments spent. It will help you to explore more from your children.