About Royal School of Engineering & Technology:
Royal School of Engineering & Technology (RSET) is a constituent institute of Royal Group of Institution (RGI). The Royal Group of Institution was established in the year 2009 in Guwahati in the state of Assam. The Royal Group of Institution (RGI) provides various Graduate and Post-Graduate courses in the fields of Management, Business Studies, Engineering & Technology, and Architecture. The institution is fully equipped with world class infrastructure and a host of experienced faculties, staff, and professionals. The institution has a very impressive placement records. The Placement Cell of Royal Group of Institution remains in continuous contact with corporate houses to provide the best opportunities in placement of eligible students. The institution is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and affiliated to Gauhati University, Guwahati.
Courses offered in B.Tech Programme:
The Royal School of Engineering & Technology (RSET) offers four-year Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) degree course in the following branches-
1. Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
2. Civil Engineering
3. Computer Science & Engineering
4. Electrical Engineering
5. Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering and
6. Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria :
1. Candidates must passed the two-year Higher Secondary (Science) Examination of Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) or its equivalent examination, as recognized by Gauhati University with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, securing minimum pass mark in each subject and 50% marks in aggregate in the said subjects and have valid score in either JEE (Mains) or CEE of the current year, will be eligible for admission into the B.E. course.
2. Candidate's age must be between 17 to 21 years as on the first of August of the year in which the candidate seeks admission. The upper age limit is relaxable to 22 years in case of B.Sc passed candidates and by 3 years for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe candidates.
3. Lateral entry:- Candidates who have passed the final Diploma examination in a branch of study (as per AICTE guidelines) conducted by the State Council for Technical Education, Assam, securing a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate will be eligible for admission into the Third Semester of B.E. course. However, the candidates shall have to appear in a State level admission test conducted by an appropriate agency as recognized by Gauhati University/ Affiliating University.
1. Candidates for JEE (Mains) seats will be selected on the basis of JEE (Mains) score and H.S. Score.
2. Candidates for the Common Entrance Examination (CEE) seats shall be selected strictly on the basis of merit list of the Common Entrance Examination conducted by the appropriate authorities in places and times notified by the authority in newspapers.
Candidates ranked within first 10 positions in the Assam Higher Secondary (Science stream) examination, provided they secure not less than 75% marks in aggregate in the year in which they seek admission.
How to apply:
Candidates can obtain prospectus and application form from RGI campus, Betkuchi, Guwahati on cash payment of Rs. 1000/- between 9 AM to 5 PM. Candidates can also download application form from the institution's website www.rgi.edu.in.
The last date for collection and submission forms will be notified after declaration of JEE (Main) and CEE,2013 results.
Royal Group of Institutions, Opp. Tirupati Balaji Temple, NH-37, Guwahati-781035
Phone : +91 8811031820/21, +91 9707683013