Admission 2013 into IIIT-Delhi for B.Tech
Are you in search of a recognised university for engineering admissions? Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, IIIT- Delhi gives you one such chance. The IIT- Delhi has declared its admission notification 2013 for admission into B.Tech programmes. Go through the article to know the details about the university, the B.Tech programmes, Eligibility criteria, Fee structure, Admission procedure and Important dates.
Profile of IIIT-Delhi
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, IIIT- Delhi is a State University established by the IIIT Delhi Act, 2007. IIIT- Delhi has very qualified faculty staff. It is the only institute in India that appoints only those teaching staffs that have a doctoral degree. The campus of the institute is situated in Okhla, New Delhi, India. The IIIT-D has all amenities required for a research cum academic institute and for overall development of students such as boy’s and girl’s hostels, library, academic block, computer labs, information centre, dining area, recreation centre, music room, gymnasium, cafeteria etc. Let’s find out in detail what it has to offer through the B. Tech programmes.
B.Tech in IIT-D
IIT- D offers two B.Tech programmes that are:-
B.Tech in Computer science and engineering (CSE)
B.Tech in Electronics and communication engineering (ECE)
Duration of B.Tech Programmes- 3 years.
Number of Seats- (120 for CSE) and (50 for ECE)
All selections will be based on JEE-Mains 2013 score and aggregate marks in class XII. There will be no separate entrance exam for admission into B.Tech programmes. 60% weightage will be given to the JEE-Mains 2013 total marks.(Whichever is highest in terms of percentage Paper I or Paper II) and 40% to the normalised marks of class XII.
Eligibility for B.Tech programmes
- A candidate who has scored minimum 80% marks in aggregate and minimum 80% marks in mathematics in class XII from CBSE/ISCE or any other equivalent board is eligible to apply for B.Tech in Computer science and engineering (CSE).
- A candidate who has scored minimum 80% marks in aggregate and minimum 80% marks in mathematics and has taken physics as one of the subjects in class XII from CBSE/ISCE or any other equivalent board is eligible to apply for B.Tech in Electronics and communication engineering (ECE)
- For calculating aggregate marks, if a Board has more than five subjects, marks of only the best five subjects will be considered.
- The reserved category are eligible for relaxation as per the following- 10% for SC/ST, 5% for CW, 5% for PH
- The candidate must be less than 25 years of age as on 1st October 2013.
- A Candidate waiting for the final year results can also apply but he/she must produce the original mark-sheet at the time of counselling to secure admission.
- Tuition fees: Rs. 1, 40,000/- (per annum)
- Campus maintenance: Rs. 15,000/- (per annum)
- Caution money: Rs. 5,000/- (refundable and need to be paid only once)
- Hostel fees: Rs. 50,000 (per annum for single occupancy)
- Mess charges: Rs. 2000/- approximately (per month)
Note about feeFees will increase by 10%-15% per annum
- Online application process starts from: 4th July 2013
- Last date to fill online application: 17th July 2013
- Announcement of Merit List: 20th July 2013
- Date of counselling: 25th July 2013
- Date of registration: 1st August 2013
- Commencement of classes: 5th August 2013
How to apply?
- The candidates need to fill the application form online through the official website of the Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology, IIIT- Delhi. Click here to fill online application form
- The candidates need to pay Rs. 500/- towards application fee.
- The payment can be made using Debit card / Credit card / Net Banking or Demand Draft so the candidates need to keep any one of these ready before filling the form.
- The Demand Draft of Rs. 500/-should be drawn in favour of "IIIT-Delhi Collection account”, Payable at New Delhi
- To fill the application form online the candidate need to upload scanned copy of his/her photograph. The candidates are also advised to use Mozilla 6.0 or above or Google Chrome browser to fill the form. Do not use Internet Explorer.
- After submitting the online application the candidate must take a print-out of the form and submit it in person or send by post/courier to the following address:
Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT)- Delhi
Admission controller office,
Room No. A-107,
'A' Wing, 1st Floor, Academic Building,
Near Govind Puri Metro Station
New Delhi-110020, India
- If the candidate need to pay the application fee through Demand Draft, the Demand Draft should be sent along with the application form. No other documents such as photocopy of marksheet etc. need to be sent along with the form. The documents will be verified during the counselling process
Contact details of IIIT-Delhi for any query