How to make a basic sponge cake in a pressure cooker
Do you love cake? Want to make it at home but don't have an oven (OTG)? Don't worry! You can bake cakes in a pressure cooker too. In this article I will explain how to do so with an easy recipe that requires only few ingredients to get you a soft,spongy and fluffy cake in 25 minutes.
Introduction Everyone likes cake but we always gave up the thought of baking cake at home just because many of us don't have an oven (OTG) or microwave at home. But now you don't worry about that - you can bake cake in your pressure cooker too. Are you scared about your pressure cooker? No need for that too - it won't harm your pressure cooker.
- Madia (All Purpose Flour) - 1 cup
- Sugar - 3/4 cup (Powdered sugar)
- Oil - 3/4 cup (I used saffola)
- Vanilla essence - 2 tsp
- Egg- 2 Nos.
- Salt- 1 cup
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Take a cake tin/aluminium vessel which is available with the cooker/ or any bowl (big size, steel or aluminum) which could be easily placed inside the cooker.
- Grease the vessel/ cake tin with few drops of oil thoroughly and then sprinkle near about 2 tsp maida(All Purpose Flour) over the oil and spread this evenly by just rolling the vessel and then invert the vessel so that extra maida falls off.
- Sieve the maida , baking soda, baking powder together twice.
- Beat the egg and sugar in a mixer grinder until fluffy (or you can use a hand blender/whisker also for that). Pour this mixture in a vessel
- Add 2 teaspoon vanilla essence and 3/4 cup oil into the egg sugar mixture and once again beat well with the help of hand whisker or a fork /spoon and keep it aside
- Now take a pressure cooker and fill the cooker with 2 cup salt and level it so that the vessel/cake tin can be easily placed inside the cooker.(This process is done to avoid direct heat to the cake tin which causes the cake to be burned from the bottom without getting properly cooked from inside.
- Keep the cooker in high flame for 5 minutes then reduce the flame to low.
- Now add the sieved maida mixture to the egg-sugar mixture slowly and mix well until the flour will get thoroughly mixed with the egg mixture. (mix the batter in one direction only)
- Pour this batter slowly into your cake baking tin/vessel and place this inside the pressure cooker close the cooker without placing the weight/whistle of the cooker and set the alarm for 25 minutes in your mobile.
- After 25 minutes check the cake by inserting a toothpick in the center of the cake, if it comes out clean your cake is done, otherwise you have to cook for some more minutes (Approx 5 more minutes).
Switch off the stove take out the cake tin and cool it in room temperature and invert the cake tin on a serving plate.
(If the above mentioned steps are done properly then definitely the cake will come out smoothly from the cake tin)
Now your delicious sponge cake is ready. Cut it into pieces and enjoy the delicious bites!