A Brief Note
Banana is a very healthy dish but children are not very fond of it. Is there any substitute for banana? No! Then how do we solve this issue!
It is rainy season as well as vacation time for our kids. Most of the time children will be at home and many will be engaged in playing at least in the evening hours. This makes them hungry. Why don't we make a healthy banana fry for them to have after full day of play and tiredness? Children like snacks, they like it even better if it is sweet. Here our banana fry is a combination of these two, therefore you kid will definitely like it.
This snack is easy to make and requires only very few ingredients. Now you can't escape by saying that the ingredients are costly, unavailable or the dish is time consuming.
Ingredients for Banana Fritters
Ripe Banana : 5 Nos (You can make 10 Nos out of it)
Turmeric Powder : A Pinch
Flour (Maida) : 1 Cup
Salt : To Taste
Coconut Oil : As Required
Water : As Required
Method of Preparation
- Pour the coconut oil into a dry vessel and heat it.
- Meanwhile mix the flour(Maida), salt and water by adding turmeric powder to it. Make it into a thick batter so that the banana slices can be easily dipped in it. The batter should be lump free as well.
- Now, you may also remove the skin of the bananas and cut them vertically into two pieces of equal size.
- Check out whether the oil is ready, if yes, take each pieces of banana slices and dip it in the mixture and get it deep fried.
- Do the same procedure until all banana slices are deep fried. They get a golden yellow colour once ready.
- Now it is the time to serve the snack hot. No side dish is required but be careful to use oil paper to absorb the excess oil in the snack before giving it to your family members.
Isn't the dish easy to make? You can quickly make it when you have unexpected guests at home. Try this and keep your kids healthy and happy.
Have a look at these points
- If the batter is too loose, you can add little more Maida to it as it has to be thick or else the batter will float in the oil and will not get stick to the banana slices.
- If you do not like the taste of turmeric, it can be avoided. The main purpose of using it is to give a much brighter and attractive colour to the banana fry.
- Never makes this snack often as Maida is not a very healthy flour to be consumed regularly. But it adds taste to the dish, hence you can make this banana fry once in a while.
- Utmost care has to be given while selecting ripe bananas for this snack. Too much ripe ones will spoil its taste and look.
- Some people add sugar to the batter to make the dish more sweet. You may do it if your bananas are not very sweet.