How to submit application for admission to IISER's five year BS-MS dual degree program 2016?
Are you interested in pursuing five years BS-MS dual degree program offered by Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) ? Do you know the last date of submission of application form and eligibility criteria? Read this article to know answer of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, has established seven Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISER) at Berhampur (Odisha), Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh), Kolkata (West Bengal), Mohali (Punjab), Pune (Maharashtra), Thiruvananthapuram (Kerala) and Tirupati (Andhra Pradesh). The IISER's are premier institutes in India for science education and research and declared as institutions of national importance by an Act of the Parliament. These institutes are said to be the IITs of basic sciences. Admission for five years BS-MS dual degree program, 2016 offered by the IISER's has been announced and applications process has started since 25.05.2016.
- Application portal opens -
Application portal closes -
- State/central Boards - 25.05.2016.
Download of hall tickets for aptitude test - 25.06.2016.IISER aptitude test (SCB) - 03.07.2016.Results of aptitude test - 10.07.2016.
- State/central Boards - 22.06.2016.
Admission channelsThere are following three admission channels through which eligible Indian nationals and students belonging to PIO or OCI category can submit their applications -
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) channel - recipients of KVPY fellowship beginning since 2016-17 academic session can apply. Additional cut off criteria may apply.
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT–JEE) channel - open for candidates holding a rank within 10000 in JEE Advanced 2016. Additional cut off criteria may apply.
- State and Central Boards Channel (SCB) channel -
- Students who have passed 10+2 level examination with science stream in the year 2015 or 2016, conducted by various central and state boards can apply through this channel.
- The candidates should have obtained equal or more than the cut off percentage of the marks set for respective boards. The cut off percentage in respect of various boards are given on the IISER admission portal - https://www.iiseradmission.in/ which may be referred for the purpose.
- There is 5% relaxation in the marks for Non-Creamy Layer of the Other Backward Classes (OBCNC) and Persons with Disability (PD) categories
- For the candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes (SC), the Scheduled Tribes (ST) and Kashmiri Migrants (KM) categories, the cut off percentage of marks is fixed as 55% for all boards.
- Candidates applying through SCB channel are required to appear in IISER aptitude test.
- Non-refundable application fee - Rs. 1500
- For candidates applying under SC/ST category and Kashmiri migrants - Rs. 750
How to apply
- Visit IISER admission portal - https://www.iiseradmission.in/
- Register using a valid email ID and by selection of a password as per given instructions.
- The candidates will be able to login the system after verification of email ID.
- The candidates are required to fill in personal, academic and other details as per given instructions.
- The candidates applying through SCB channel are required to fill subject wise marks also.
- There are total six or seven steps depending upon the channel chosen by the candidate.
- The candidates require following while filling application form -
- Scanned copy of passport size photograph.
- Scanned copy of mark sheet in which subject wise marks are clearly visible.
The last step involves the payment of application fee.Payment of application fee completes application process and print out of application form can be taken.The candidates can view their applications after login on 'My Application' page.Hall tickets will be made available on 'My Application' page in case of SCB channels candidates.Offer letter is also made available on 'My Application' page in case a position is offered in IISER system.
- Access to online payment of application fee through debit card/credit card/internet banking.
IISER aptitude testThe format of aptitude test will be as follows -
- There will be multiple choice questions in four subjects - biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics.
- There will be 15 questions in each subject. Thus there will be total 60 questions.
- Total duration of the examination will be 180 minutes.
- The score will be (+3 ) for each correct response, ( 0 ) for no response and (-1) foe each wrong response.
- The syllabus for the IISER aptitude test and old question papers are made available on IISER admission portal - https://www.iiseradmission.in/
- The IISER aptitude test is conducted only for the SCB channel candidates in various cities across India.
- The choice of aptitude test center has to be indicated in online application form.
- The candidates who have not taken biology or mathematics at 10 +2 level, can also appear in the aptitude test. However questions in the aptitude test will be from all the four subjects i.e. biology, chemistry, mathematics and physics.
- There is no need to apply separately for different IISERs. The students are admitted through a common application process. Only one application form has to submitted for all IISERs.
- Total 1125 seats are available for all IISERs put together.
- Admission to up to 50% seats are made through KVPY and IIT-JEE channels.
- The seats remaining unfilled after admission through KVPY and IIT-JEE channels are filled through the SCB channel on the basis of results of IISERs aptitude test.
- A candidate can apply through more than one channel also.
- For making application through multiple channels, the candidate should fulfill eligibility criteria for each of the channels and separate application for each channel together with application fee will have to be submitted.
- All the IISERs are fully residential campuses and students are required to stay in campus hostels.
- The IISER aptitude test is meant for SCB channel candidates only and is conducted in various cities across India.
Contact details Any inquiry related to the admission process can be addressed to -
Joint Admissions Committee 2016.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Kolkata,
Mohanpur – 741 246.
Phone - 033 66340077
Email - email@example.com
List of IISERs
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Kolkata (http://www.iiserkol.ac.in/) - offers BS-MS dual degree, MS, integrated Ph.D. and postdoctoral programs.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Pune (http://www.iiserpune.ac.in) - offers BS-MS dual degree, integrated Ph.D. and Ph.D. programs.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Mohali (http://www.iisermohali.ac.in/) - - offers BS-MS dual degree, integrated Ph.D. and Ph.D. programs.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Bhopal (http://www.iiserbhopal.ac.in) - offers BS-MS dual degree, and Ph.D. programs.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER), Thiruvananthapuram (http://www.iisertvm.ac.in) - offers BS-MS dual degree, and Ph.D. programs.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Tirupati (http://www.iisertirupati.ac.in/) - offers BS-MS dual degree program.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Berhampur
ConclusionThe application process for admission to IISER's five years BS-MS dual degree program 2016 is very simple and systematic. All necessary information and guidelines has been made available on IISER admission portal - https://www.iiseradmission.in/. The candidates are requested to visit the said website for obtaining full particulars and authentic information about the admission process before proceeding ahead. The information provided on this article is only illustrative in nature.