How to submit application for National Defense Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2016
Do you intend to appear in the National Defense Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2016? What is the last date of submission of the application for the said examination and what is the application procedure? Read this article to know answer of these and such other related questions.
IntroductionThe Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has issued examination notice number 10/2016.NDA-II dated 18.06.2016 in respect of National Defense Academy & Naval Academy Examination (II), 2016 which is made available on their website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/. The last date of submission of online application for the examination is 15.07.2016. The said examination for admission to the Army, Navy and Air Force wings of the NDA for the 138th Course and for the 100th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) commencing from 2nd July, 2017 will be conducted by the UPSC on 18th September, 2016.
- Last date for submission of online applications - 15.07.2016.
- Payment of fee by 'Pay by Cash' mode - 14.07.2016.
- Date of examination - 18.09.2016.
- Course commencement date - 02.07.2017.
Approximate number of vacancies
- National Defense Academy - Total 355 ( Army - 208, Navy - 55 and Air Force - 92).
- Naval Academy - Total 55 (10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme)
- Depending upon the availability of training capacity at NDA and INA, the vacancies are liable to be changed.
Eligibility - nationalityA candidate must be either a -
- A citizen of India, or
- A subject of Bhutan, or
- A subject of Nepal, or
- A Tibetan refugee who migrated to India before the 01.01.1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia or Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
- A certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India is required in case of candidates belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above.
- The said certificate of eligibility is not required in case of Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
Eligibility - age, sex and marital status
- Only unmarried male candidates born between the period 02.01.1998 and 01.01.2001 are eligible to apply.
- An undertaking to the effect that the candidates will not marry until the full training is completed is required to be submitted.
- Date of birth as entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate only is accepted (examination notice may be referred for full particulars in this regard).
Eligibility - educational qualifications
- For Army Wing of NDA - 10+2 pass or equivalent examination conducted by a state education board or a university.
- For Air Force and Naval Wings of NDA and for the 10+2 Cadet Entry Scheme at the INA - 10+2 pass or equivalent examination conducted by a state education board or a university with physics and mathematics also as subjects.
- The candidates who are appearing in class 12th examination can also apply.
- The candidates appearing in class 11th examination are not eligible to apply.
Eligibility - physical standardsThe physical standards for admission to NDA and Naval Academy examination(II), 2016 are described in the Appendix-IV of the examination notice. The candidates should be physically fit as per prescribed standards.
- General/OBC category candidates - Rs. 100.
- Scheduled Castes/Scheduled Tribes candidates - no fee is required to be paid.
- The sons of serving/ex-JCOs/NCOs/Other Ranks of Army and equivalent ranks in the Indian Navy/Indian Air Force, if they are studying in Military School /Sainik School run by Sainik Schools Society - no fee is required to be paid.
- Fee can be paid by either of the following modes -
- Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Net banking facility of State Bank of India/State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore.
- 'Pay by Cash' mode i.e. by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash.
- The candidates opting for 'Pay by Cash' mode are required to print the system generated 'Pay-in-slip' during Part-II pf registration process and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch. Such fee can be deposited on the next working day only.
- The last date of payment of fee through 'Pay by Cash' mode is 14.07.2016 i.e. one day before the last day of submission of application.
- Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances.
How to apply
- Applications should be submitted online only at the UPSC website - www.upsconline.nic.in .
- Detailed instructions for filling online application are given on the said website.
- Applicants should submit a single application only.
- In case of multiple applications due to any reason, the application with higher RID (Registration ID) will be considered by the UPSC.
- Fee paid against one RID will not be adjusted against any other RID.
- The candidates who are already in service whether Government or private are required to submit their applications online directly to the UPSC and inform their employer in writing that they have applied for this examination. In case any communication is received by the UPSC from the employer that the permission to the candidate for appearing in the examination is withheld, then the candidate's application is liable to be rejected.
- While filling online application form, the candidates should carefully decide about their center of examination.
- Scanned images of photograph (minimum size 3 KB and maximum size 40 KB) and specimen signature (minimum size 1 KB and maximum size 40 KB) in jpg format are required while filling online application.
- The candidates should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility criteria before submitting application.The original documents are verified to ascertain the eligibility criteria only after the candidate has qualified for interview/Personality Test.
- The admit cards will not be sent by post. The e-Admit Card in respect of the eligible candidates will be made available on the UPSC website (www.upsc.gov.in) three weeks before the commencement of the examination for being downloading/printing by the candidates.
- While filling online application form, the candidates are required to provide an active and valid email ID as communication may be made through electronic mode with the candidates.
- The candidates who are called for SSB interview for the first time are are paid to and fro railway fare (AC III class) or bus fare within Indian limits.
- After clearing the written examination, the candidates should log on the following websites for knowing their SSB centers and date of interview -
Examination centersAgartala, Ahmedabad, Aizawl, Allahabad, Bengaluru, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Vishakhapatnam.
Scheme of examinationThe subjects of written examination are as follows -
- Mathematics - Code - 01, Duration - 2 hours 30 minutes, Maximum marks - 300.
- General Ability Test - Code - 02, Duration - 2 hours 30 minutes, Maximum marks - 600.
- SSB Test/Interview - Maximum Marks - 900
- The General Ability Test will consist of Part A - English (200 Marks ) and Part B - General Knowledge (400 Marks).
- The Part - B of the question paper will be further divided into Section 'A' (Physics), Section 'B' (Chemistry), Section 'C' (General Science), Section 'D' (History, Freedom Movement etc.), Section 'E' (Geography) and Section 'F' (Current Events). The questions in Sections 'A', 'B', 'C', 'D', 'E' and 'F' will carry approximately 25%, 15%, 10%, 20%, 20% and 10% weightage respectively.
- The question papers in all subjects will consist of objective type questions only.
- There will negative marking for wrong answers. One third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty in case of wrong answers.
- The question papers of Mathematics and General ability Test - Part B, will set bilingually in Hindi as well as in English.
- Detailed syllabus of the examination is given in the examination notice available on the website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/.
- SSB interview for the candidates qualified in the written examination will be held during the months of January 2017 to April 2017 or as suitable to Recruiting Directorate.
Facilitation center for guidance of the candidatesThe candidates can contact the Facilitation Counter near Gate 'C' of UPSC campus either in person or over telephone numbers: 011-23385271/23381125/23098543 on working days between 10.00 hours to 17.00 hours for any guidance, information or clarification related to the application or candidature etc.
ConclusionThe eligible candidates desirous of being considered for admission in 138th course of Army, Navy and Air Force wings of NDA and for the 100th Indian Naval Academy Course (INAC) may visit the UPSC website http://www.upsc.gov.in/ and thoroughly study the examination notice dated 18.06.2016 regarding the same carefully for obtaining full and authentic information about the subject matter. The detailed instructions for filling up online applications are available on the website - www.upsconline.nic.in on which online application has to be submitted. The candidates may satisfy themselves about the eligibility criteria including physical standards fully as given in the examination notice before proceeding ahead. It may be noted that this article is only illustrative and not exhaustive in nature.