What is Judy Malware?
According to Avast Malware refer to any type of malicious software that rises to infect a computer or mobile device. Malware most commonly get access to your computer through the internet via email, game demos, free subscription, clicking unknown ads on your screen and many more ways.
Actually Judy is a malware originated from apps developed by Korean –based Kiniwini and published under the name of ENISTUDIO Corp., what Judy malware do? "It makes devices to generate large amount of fraudulent clicks on advertisement generating revenues for the person behind it."
Once we click on the ads, the malware author receives payments from the website developer.
Thankfully it doesn't resort to ransomware or stealing bank credentials. According to Checkpoint, the malware has reach of anywhere between 8.5 million and 36.5 million users worldwide from 41 different apps offered for sale on Google play store.
Ways to protect from Judy malware.
Viruses and malware are the most serious threat of the current world. They are making your pc or phone completely unusable, hacker are using them to steal your personal information including your personal pics, videos, bank account and credit card information. Few major steps to protect your phone or pc from malware.
1) First and the most important step is to have an adequate Antivirus protection that is kept up to date .People often think that they are protected with antivirus software-but it has not been updated for last six month which is of no use.
2) The most important thing while surfing on internet or using any application don't click on suspicious links or adds not even on the unknown links sent from your friends.
3) Use up to date browser –as they are well developed and having ability to resist viruses or worms. Don't use old version of internet explorer or android as they contain vulnerabilities and will take long time to fix.
4) For windows or Android user make sure that updates are installed-windows or android updates often contain security updates which are very much helpful in patching up the vulnerabilities found within them, which are often use by the hacker to infect your system by injecting viruses.
5) Avoid such application or software which are pirated or not having good reviews as pirated application often come with viruses embedded with them. Remove the suspicious app from your phone immediately and always scan your phone or system ones in a week.
More articles: malware