We can observe that parents are always worried about their kids .Most of the sacrifices are done in order to get the right education for their child. Some basic questions that come to their mind before sending their kids to school is the board, faculty, proximity from home and the past record of the school in academics. In this article I would lay focus on some of the points parents should ponder in order to select the right institution.
- Faculty of the School : Faculty of the institute plays a major role in the upbringing of the child. Every school has a specific way how they plan their curriculum. This is done by the faculty who has a rich past experience in education. The head of institution plays a major role in deciding which rules are to be implemented based on the recommendation of the management
- Co curricular activities : It is very important in this era that a student is good in some activity like sports, elocution, singing, dancing, debate, declamation etc apart from studies. This helps a student to build confidence and to face public speaking in future
- Proximity from home : You should always keep in mind that your kid should not travel too much because this would make him tired .Traveling would also pose a hurdle in his participation in activities in school and academics. It would in turn also increase your tension regarding his well being during the journey
- Fee structure : Choose a school which you can afford .It is not always the case that an expensive school will always give best education. Do take care whether the school is providing the facilities as par with the fee charged
- History of school and its alumni : This gives us the idea how the school has performed in the past in inter school events .If the school is old we can have a look at the history of the students who have passed from the school and where they are at present
- Academic level of the school : There is always a ranking of the school as per the citizen of the town in terms of how it has performed. You can get best tips from the parents who have their wards studying in the school. They would give you a clear picture about the expenses as well as about the faculty and administration of the school
- Parent teacher interaction at regular interval : There is a need that you get regular feedback from teachers about the performance of your child. This would help you to understand where your child lacks and help you to focus more on subjects, topics he is not good at. Having an interaction with teachers would also help you to help your child to pursue some hobby class in which he is good at and nurture his talent
- Security : We should lay stress on the security that is provided by the institution when the child is there .There are instances of security concerns in the school recently which should be taken care before we choose an institution for our kid
ConclusionI hope the points mentioned here will help parents to select the right institution for their kids.