Introduction Marriage is an amazing relationship wherein both the husband and wife is ready to love unconditionally, sacrifice for each other and provide never ending care. For the smooth functioning of the relationship some adjustments are required from both the ends and also both the partners should posses some qualities as well. Every husband would expect his wife to be the best one and every women would want to be the best wife. Don't you want to be one? There are countless marriages ending up in divorce these days, therefore one should know what makes a successful marriage before entering into a relationship. Here in this article I have laid down the five most important qualities one should posses as a wife.
Five qualities of a good wife To be a good wife one need to possess certain qualities. Even the most minute thing like a smile will have a very good impact on your life hence give importance to small things as well. Everyone loves to see your pleasant and happy face. Too much of nagging and complaints can ruin the relationship. Will anyone ever want a compliant box attached to their life for ever? But I definitely admit that a life without small fights and complaints is not possible and these small fights makes your life happier. The reunions after the fights are graceful and it attaches you more to your better-half.
1. Understanding:: A perfect wife should be able to understand her better-half more than any other person in this world. People may behave weird at times due to certain tensions or situations, but a good wife should understand the situation and act accordingly rather than pouring oil into the fire. It is better that you calm down when you husband is screaming. Not always he means it, may be he is taking out his work pressure on you. Stay positive as he is doing so as he has the freedom with you. Once he calms down, your turn begins. Even if you shout at him after his pressure is gone down, he will not scream back to you. You need to understand the situation and the problems he is going through and act accordingly. If both of you start yelling at each other simultaneously, the fight will not end and finally these small fights can lead to separation.
2. Loyalty: : This is the most important characteristic any man will expect from his wife, especially Indians. If you prove to be loyal they will give their full love and care to you but if they ever get a small doubt on you then the relationship will have to face serious issues throughout. So try to avoid such issues in the family and be trustworthy and loyal. Love him unconditionally. Will you ever forgive him if he is disloyal to? No, no one can as a life long relationship has its base in trust and loyalty. Never give a chance for him to doubt on you. Be honest and try not keep secrets. The wife is the soul of any marriage so she can manage it properly and at the same time ruin it. So it is your choice whether to live happily or to ruin your life.
3. Responsible: : Both the husband and wife are responsible for many different things in a relationship. It is the mutual understanding between the two which keeps on the marriage moving. A wife should be sensible enough to understand her duties and be responsible especially when it is about your husband, kids or family. Due care has to be given when dealing with money matters. Be responsible and let your husband have confidence in you. Keep your home organized as a positive atmosphere is required for a healthy relationship. When he sees you doing things perfectly, he will appreciate you and will surely think that he is the luckiest man to have a wife like you.
4. Sacrifice:: Sacrifice from both the partners is required for the success of a married relationship. From the point of view of a wife, she has to spare a little more on her Me Time for her husband and kids. Say bye to your ego and give preference to your love. Ego is the main issue which tampers many relationship. Both the husband and wife should be free from the waves of ego and only then their married life will go smoothly. Many a times your husband might not be able to make up his promises or he fails to be as sweet as your friend's husband. Don't worry, things will not be the same always. Forgive him for he loves you from deep inside and have proper communication with him and explain to him what you expect from him. Also understand what he expects from you and try to change yourself.
5. Smart: : Be smart and act wisely in every phase of your life. Be his full time support and comfort him during his worries. Be his friend, adviser, lover, maid as and when required. There is a quote "A wife is a friend first, a lover second and third and probably most important, a maid." It is true. One need to have the ability to posses various roles according to the situation. In return he will also be your best buddy, lover and caretaker. Choose fights smartly. Stop nagging and give him his space. Like you, he also needs his 'Me Time'. Don't restrict him too much as he would want to get out of the restriction; instead accept his friends, let him spend time with them provided he knows to keep him within the limits.
Conclusion Love can change anyone. Love him, go on dates with him, dress up for him, look good, be genuine and be yourself. Be a good listener and make sure to have proper communication with him daily. Express your love and be his love. Celebrate every occasions, travel with him and give him small surprises. make your life lively and happy. Responsibilities, stress, workload and all are their in everyone's life but that shouldn't hinder your personal life. Celebrate and enjoy every moment with him.
If someone aspect these qualities in his wife, wife also desire the same in her husband. It the duty of husband to be loyal, courteous, and caring for his wife and children. One way expectations neither good nor will be fulfilled. Some qualities are in born and some can be acquired to become ideal spouse.
Lovely write up. A must for every woman and man to be aware of before falling in love or before getting engaged for the wedding.Having lofty ideals and fairyland expectations will never maek a relationship work.Both should interact, know each other's strengths and weaknesses (not to fight but to support in times of need) and then start the journey of marriage together.
Understanding each other is easier said than done, it takes a couple of years to know the signs of an irritable mood or leave me alone situations, once this passess off, then having a jovial discussion about it makes things look easy compared to the instant fights trying to prove each other wrong.
Being truthful,responsible and be able to adjust and accommodate each other goes a long way. In the present day world, I think commitment needs to be highlighted especially if a child is along the way or the couple have children. Both the husband and wife need to have the commitment that yes we will do it our way for the sake of us and our children.
Lastly both husband and wife have to shoulder the demands of marriage and family not letting one person alone being burdened with the tasks always.
What is expected of a wife is well explained. A good write up, Similarly, all wives will also have some expectation about their husband s. Husbands should also have all the five qualities explained above. One should be complementary to the other. If the wife is very angry, it is better husband will keep his mouth shut. Same way the wife will keep silent when the husband is angry. Then both of them will have a nice life together. In a movie, I heard somebody telling the relationship between wife and husband should be like fish and water but not like fish and the fisherman. There should not be any difference of opinion between these two. If at all there is some difference, both should discuss and come to an understanding. Then the life will be smooth
A nice article bringing all the good qualities in these five points.
The relation between wife and husband are very delicate and anytime there may arise some differences. It could be due to a third person or a family member or the ego problem between the wife and husband.
In such situations, the real qualities are tested and we come to know whether they posses them or not. Till that time, apparently, it appears that they have those qualities but at the nick of time something else emerges. So real and actual qualities will only be known in adverse circumstances.
At the outset, I thank the author for this article. We are living in such an age where the divorce and separation between partners have been increasing everyday. Partners are blaming each other for their unsuccessful marriage and lack of compatibility and understanding. The author has mentioned five qualities which a good wife must possess for smooth progress of conjugal life. I would like to state that a wife also expects these five qualities from her husband. These qualities must be possessed by both partners for peaceful conjugal life.
In addition to these five qualities, I would like to state that mutual concern and respect for each other's family is also essential for developing a bonding. If the wife adopts her husband's family as her own and if the husband co-operates with the family-members of his wife, then the marriage life would be blissful. In addition, the child/ children brings/bring perfect bonding and understanding between the partners.
I recommend this article to all young couples. They would find this article useful.
In our society a lot is expected from a wife and even if she is having a number of qualities her actions and deeds are always open to criticism and fault finding. This is inherent in our culture as well as in this male dominating society.
Anyway the points told by the author deserve merit and inculcating them in one self will be advantageous in many adverse situations.
This article gives a good introduction for a successful married life if the wife follows certain qualities. Well, this is equally applicable for a husband also with the necessary modification. For a successful married life both the partners must have almost the same family background. This background includes the cultural, educational and financial background.
I don't know whether the horoscope matching done by earlier parents were aimed at this. However, these days the number of divorces are on an increase. Within one or two weeks, the couple get separated these days. This is very often because the two do not get enough occasions to meet and discuss issues.
When we talk about the qualities of a wife, these wives also will have to get satisfied with the qualities of husbands because both are equally important. The next generation children watch their parent's behavior and try to follow the same in future.
For better relationship these five qualities are more important not only for the wife but also for the husband too. But overall there is a change in thinking. Husbands give space for wife and for their career development but not in the family responsibility.
Most of the times husbands think that the family responsibility and smartness are only for husbands and the other three qualities such as loyalty, understanding and sacrifice are for the wife. Being couple, this is not his life nor her life but this is their life and so all the essential five qualities are needed for both for a happy married life.