IntroductionPeople wish to stay in a serene world of greenery under blue azure sky with fresh air to breathe.But at the same time they want to get facilitated by mobile,technology and multiplexes. Here comes a sharp line of demarcation between town life and village life. There lie huge multi storey buildings at one place while fresh air, flora and fauna engulf the other.
Facilities of Town LifeWhen we talk about town life, firstly the picture of modernization flashes into our mind. Life reels with fast living and advancement. People have really no time to stand and stare. Town is the burning example of Technological development. We observe well maintained wide roads with numerous cars. Growth of industrial sectors result in huge rate of employment. Educational hubs are brewing up everywhere. So the number of literate people are more. Improvement is there in medicine and hospital providing fast recovery of people. Huge buildings, restaurants and multiplexes are a source of each and every thing that one can need at an affordable price. 24 hours electricity and high speed Internet connectivity make life more easier. Just by few clicks of index finger,multiple options pop up resulting in fast living.
Difficulties of Town LifeEven though, town life is having lots of advantages, there are certain negative issues as well. The vegetables and fruits that we consume are contaminated causing harm to us. In severe cases it may cause cancer. Tremendous traffic causes frequent road accidents. Pollution is a major problem in town life. Obnoxious gases emitted from cars, cutting down of trees, remnants from industries cause pollution which leads to depletion of Ozone Layer in the atmosphere.Direct UV rays from Sun causes huge damage and destruction to mankind. People fall ill frequently affected by harmful diseases like pneumonia, typhoid, dengue, tuberculosis and many more. Water and noise pollution are also quite common. So healthy living is hampered to some extent as far as town life is concerned.
Facilities of Village LifeNow, let's come to the world of greens, fresh air and water. There is a term which we call for all this good qualities. If you do not know, I will mention that term here. This is what we call as villages. Standing in the middle, anywhere we ponder over, there lie lushes of green and yellow vegetation. Villages are being noted for the practice of agricultural works. Cereals, pulses are seen to grow everywhere to meet our huge demand. Little huts are seen here and there accompanied by plantations . Business of people is less observed. Village offers a pollution free region where though technology is not that developed but it's a source of pure and fresh fruits and vegetables. In a nutshell, village offers pleasant scenic beauty which is a source of pure and fresh food.
Difficulties of Village LifeDifficulties are more likely there. Lack of proper education is the main cause of concern. As a result people are unaware of sanitation and hygiene health. Hospitals and clinics are not much developed. So suffering of people is more. Scarcity of proper school is also a major problem. Unemployment and poverty are the major problems there as percentage of literate people is very less. Even there are parts of villages which are deprived of the electrical facilities.
Conclusion Both of these town and village lives come with their own set of benefits and difficulties. However the Government is grossly concerned with the problems faced in either of the lives and is taking prompt action to curb such situations.
More articles: Character
These days even in villages also we have internet facility, mobile facility, cable connection facility and movie theatres also. So there is no problem for time pass. A very calm and free roads , good air, good greenery are the advantages of villages. Only problem which is making people to run away from villages is employment potential. Many villages don’t have any chance of employment creation. As the villages are mainly agriculture based. If the employment avenues can be created near villages, staying in a village is always a pleasure.
The author has made a very good attempt to bring the comparison between Village and town and he is successful in doing that. A good article.
I agree with the author that for the sake of a city dweller tag or staying in cities for work or better facilities, we pay a huge price in terms of air and noise pollution, increased crime and cost of living. If life is fast paced in the cities, it's at a leisurely pace in the villages. For good health care, people have to travel long distances. Employment opportunities are not as good as in the cities. I agree with Dr.Rao, the face of the Indian villages are changing, they have better phone and internet access. The youngsters are certainly driving the good two wheeler bikes and slowly the evils of the city life are percolating into the village life too.
One parting thought - people from villagers want to come to the towns and metros, stressed people from cities dream of the peaceful village life. The grass always looks greener on the other side.
Very well said Nataranjan. Living in the fast moving world, we sometimes feel like standing or sitting still amidst the greens. Life becomes monotonous at times even in such business. On the other hand, village dwellers dream to stay in large houses with several facilities. Thanks to you for your valuable contribution and please do add inputs to these articles so that they can be more helpful towards readers.
Positives of a Village and Negatives of a Town:
(1) The village has natural beauty in abundance, hence you can breathe in fresh air and eat organic food and also have a pleasant site for your eyes. In a town, it is normally overpopulated and crowded both with people and vehicles. Pollution is at its extreme in a town.
(2) People in a village are more innocent hence they might come out for your help and also everyone in a village know each other. In a town, neighbors might not know each other as everyone is busy in their own world.
(3) Even villages are developing, hence they too have the modern technologies available. Technology is more in a town, so is the harmful effects.
(4) Expenditure is less in a village but things are comparatively expensive in a town.
Positives of a Town and Negatives of a Village:
(1) Job opportunities are more in a town whereas in a village hardly you will get a job. salary wise also town is better.
(2) In a town, you have easy access to everything be it schools, colleges, shopping malls, clinics, parlors/saloons etc, Even things get delivered to your doorsteps. That is not the case in a village hence you will have to travel far to avail these facilities.
The author in this article has beautifully described the differences by mentioning the advantages and disadvantages of living in the village and town. I would like to add a few more.
- First and foremost advantage of living in a village is that life is much simpler when compared with town life.
- Villagers enjoy good physical as well as mental health as the environment is pollution-free and life is stress-free. Their people are more active.
- Due to the lack of sufficient education and awareness, people are a bit narrow-minded, superstitious and ignorant. Thus, they do not prosper and progress in the way people in town do.
- Life seems dull in the village, especially to town dwellers.
- Towns are the places where one can see cultural integration. As there is good scope for education, employment, and numerous other facilities, people from different areas of the country come there and reside.
- When compared with village life, town life is very expensive. Whether it is food, water, land or other bills, everything is high and pricey.
- People are unhealthy. Not only their physical health gets deteriorated but mental health too deteriorates every day due to exposure to too much stress and anxiety.