VIT Chennai CampusVellore Institute of Technology (VIT) School of Law in Chennai campus aims at imparting quality legal education and offers 5-year integrated B.A.LL.B (Hons) programme and BBA. LL.B (Hons) programme. It is one of the premier law schools in India.
Admission ProcedureSelection is completely merit-based. Marks obtained in Higher Secondary School Exam and performance in the Group Discussion and personal interview will be taken into consideration. Candidates with good score in National Level Law Entrance Exam are given preference.
- An Indian National and must have studied full time formal education in the preceding two years in schools in India.
- A pass in Higher Secondary of State Board or Central Board of Secondary Education or an equivalent exam with a minimum of 60% overall aggregate.
- SC / ST candidates and candidates from the states of Jammu & Kashmir (J & K) and the 7 North-Eastern states can have an aggregate marks of 50% in +2 or its equivalent.
- Candidates should have appeared for CLAT/ LSAT/ any other widely recognized Law test and secured a good score in each component of the test.
- Applicants need to apply online at www.vit.ac.in as a new applicant.
- Verify the registered email id.
- Fill in the online application form.
- Pay application fee of Rs.700/-(inclusive of GST) through netbanking / debit card / credit card.
- Take a print out of filled application form and send a hard copy to VIT along with the following enclosures:
- 12th class marks sheet.
- Certificate with age proof.
- CLAT/LSAT/any other valid score card.
- Nativity certificates for applicants from J & K and from the 7 north-eastern states.
- Caste certificate in case of SC / ST applicants.
- Tuition Fees (per annum) - Rs.1,62,000/-.
- One time payment of Caution Deposit (Refundable) - Rs.1,000/-.
- Total Fees to be paid for the 1st year - Rs.1,63,000/-.
- Issue of online Application form - April 4th, 2018
- Last date for submission of the application forms June 18th, 2018
- LSAT India - 2018:
- Last date to apply - 4th May 2018
- Release of Admit card - 5th May to 19th May 2018
- Date of Exam - 20th May 2018
- Announcement of Result - to be announced later.
- CLAT - 2018:
- Date of Exam - 13th May 2018 (3:00 PM to 5:00 PM)
- Publishing of Answer Key - 15th May 2018
- Representation, if any, relating to the exam, questions or key - 16th to 18th May 2018
- Date for upload of the amended answer key (if required) - 26th May 2018
- Result announcement / issue of merit list - 31st May 2018
- AILET - 2018:
- For B.A,LL.B (Hons) - Five Year Integrated Programme:
- AILET exam - May 6, 2018 (3 p.m to 4:40 p.m)
- AILET B.A LL.B Result - 3rd week of May, 2018 (Tentative date)
- Chennai Campus
Deputy Director Admissions
VIT – Chennai Campus
Vandalur Kelambakkam Road,
Chennai – 600 127
Phone No. +91 44-3993 1555 / 3993 1008
Fax : +91 44-3993 2555
Mail id : email@example.com
- Vellore Campus
Director, UG Admissions
VIT, Vellore – 632 014
Phone No. +91-416-220 2157/2168
Fax : +91 416-224 5544/ 0411
Mail id : firstname.lastname@example.org
Refer full details in the information brochure