Maharashtra Chief Minister's Fellowship Program online admissions applications 2018
Would you like to take up a work opportunity with a stipend with the Maharashtra Government? Online applications are now open for the Maharashtra CM's Fellowship Program, through which you get the opportunity to work on Government assignments. You will get complete information on the eligibility criteria and how much stipend is awarded along with other paid expenses. Know, too, on how to apply online.
Overview Like last year, the Maharashtra Government is yet again providing a career opportunity to the youth who are enthusiastic to participate in governance through a Fellowship program. Of 11 months' duration, there are 50 fellowships on offer. Selected candidates will be considered as equivalent to a Grade-A officer in Government service. Through this program you will get in-depth first-hand experience of public administration and acquire skills to enable you to take up a future leadership role.
About the Fellowship These are the salient features of the Fellowship:
- You will receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 40,000/-. This includes Rs. 35,000 and Rs. 5,000 for travel & relevant expenses.
- Your position as a Fellow is equivalent to that of a Grade - A officer in Government service. You will be issued an official identity card & an email ID to be used during the fellowship program.
- Once selected in the Fellowship program, you cannot take up other jobs, pursue study programs or do other assignments during the entire duration of the Fellowship. You are also not permitted to participate in any political movement during the tenure of fellowship.
- You must submit a fitness certificate as well as a character certificate at the start of the program. At the start of the program, there will be a verification process to confirm your educational documents. There will also be a police verification process and verification of the Medical fitness certificate.
- You will have to be based in the city/district of placement during the period of the fellowship program. While no accommodation will be provided to those placed outstation, travel and related expenses will be covered as mentioned.
- On receiving the offer letter, you must to join the appointed office within 60 days. You will be expected to work during the same hours of office as the staff of the authority where you are placed. You may also be required to travel and/or work additional hours when an assignment is given to you.
- You are allowed a leave of only 10 days during the 11-month period of fellowship.
- You will get accidental insurance cover during the period of fellowship.
- On successful completion, you will be awarded a Certificate. There is no job guarantee, though, on completion of the program.
- Age criteria: You must be between 21 to 26 years of age as on 1st April 2018 (your birth date should be between 2nd April 1992 and 1st April 1997, inclusive of both days).
- Academic qualification: You must be a Graduate with first class. It would be good to additionally have a postgraduate or professional Diploma in the relevant field.
- Experience: You should have at least one year of work experience. If you have done a full-time internship or an Articleship or an apprenticeship as part of a professional course, then this will also be acceptable as work experience.
- Language skills: You must have basic proficiency in the Marathi language. Additionally, you should have adequate knowledge of English and Hindi.
- General skills: You should have good computer knowledge and be able to work on Internet.
How to apply
- Submit your application online only. Prior to applying online, do check all the terms & conditions of the program
- Ensure that you have ready a scanned image of your latest passport size photo (not exceeding a file size of 50kb) and of your signature (not exceeding a file size of 50kb) before you start filling in the online application.
- Go to the registration website.
- You will receive your login ID and password via SMS and email. Take a print out of the login details via the button of "Print Login Details".
- Click on proceed and then click on the link "Fill Application Form" link to fill all your details.
- Recheck all the filled-in details and complete the self-approval of the online application.
- Pay the online application fee of Rs. 500/-, after which only your application will be considered to be successful.
- A copy of the application form will be automatically generated. Download and save it for future reference.
- On the basis of applications received, eligible candidates will be intimated by email about details of the online exam.
(For any problems during the online application process, refer to contact details at the end of this article)
Format of online exam The online exam for selection to the Fellowship program is in English for 60 minutes. There are two sections, one with multiple choice objective type questions focusing on general knowledge, current affairs, economics & social issues of the State & country and the second section includes Essay topics. The total marks are 100.
The exam includes:
- General Awareness: 50 questions based on India and Maharashtra focused questions on current affairs, general knowledge, social issues, and economics.
- Reasoning: 10 questions to assess your reasoning abilities.
- English Language: 15 questions to test Sentence formation, basic grammar.
- Information Technology: 10 questions related to Windows 7, MS Office 2010, Internet.
- Quantitative Aptitude: 15 questions related to Data interpretation, arithmetic, algebra, basic geometry.
The candidates who figure in the list of top 150 based on the scores in the online exam will be shortlisted for an interview. You then have to submit one audio-visual essay and two written essays, the topics of which will be conveyed to you via email & also at the official website. Only those who submit their essays during the time given will be eligible to appear for the interview round of the selection process. If you are called for the interview, you must take along one photocopy each and the original copies of all mark sheets and other credentials along with the original copy of an ID proof.
Note: The online exam, essays and interviews will have these score weightage: 15, 30 and 50 marks respectively. The academic qualification of the relevant postgraduate or professional degree or diploma will be of 5 marks.
The final list will be drawn up of those who score top 50 marks, this list being displayed at the website, in addition to the candidates being informed about their selection & joining procedure via email. A waiting list of next 10 top scorers will also be displayed, so that they can be selected in case of any vacancies cropping up due to a selected candidate not accepting the offer letter during a given time-frame.
- Submission of online application: 10th May 2018 to 24th May 2018, up to 23.59 hrs.
- Mock test: 23rd May 2018 to 25th May 2018, up to 22.00 hrs.
- Date of online exam: 26th May 2018 and 27th May 2018.
- Declaration of list of shortlisted candidates: 31st May 2018.
- Submission of essays by shortlisted candidates: 31st May 2018 to 3rd June 2018 up to 23.59 hrs.
- Interviews of shortlisted candidates: 11th June to 15th June 2018.
- List of selected candidates & waiting list will be published on: 25th June 2018.
- Date of Joining for candidates Accepting Offer Letter: 2nd July to 31st August 2018.
Contact information Director, Directorate of Economics and Statistics,
Planning Department, Government of Maharashtra
Administrative Building, 8th Floor,
Mumbai - 400 051
For any queries related to the Fellowship Program: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 020 66834821