The Maharajas' Express
Image courtesy: www.the-maharajas.com
The Maharajas' Express is one of the leading luxury trains in the world. The train is operated by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC). A travel in Maharajas' Express gives the experience of a real Palace on Wheel.
IRCTC is offering the 'Indian Splendor' tour package for 8 days / 7 nights. Online bookings are open in the official site. The date of departure is 13th October, 2018 and the luxury express departs from Safdarjung Railway Station, Delhi.
Detailed itinerary of the tour
Day 1 - Delhi
- Grand reception at Safdarjung Railway Station followed by check-in formalities
- Sumptuous dinner on-board at Rang Mahal and Mayur Mahal restaurants.
- The two on-board restaurants give a royal ambiance and serve all kind of continental dishes.
- Night sleep in the palatial train and arrival at Agra the next day morning
Day 2 - Agra
- Visit to Taj Mahal - one of the seven wonders of the world.
- Champagne breakfast atop Taj Khema.
- Return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express or a visit to Itmad-ud-Daula's Mausoleum, popularly known as the 'Jewel-box' or a visit to the famous Mughal capital of Fatehpur Sikri (optional).
- On-board lunch / feast.
- Post lunch, either a visit to Agra Fort or indulge in luxury with optional activities like spa at a 5-star hotel or a private shopping tour.
- Guests either return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express or watch 'Mohabbat-e-Taj' show as an optional activity.
- A sumptuous dinner on-board and depart Agra.
Day 3 - Ranthambore - Jaipur
- Arrival at Sawai Madhopur (Rajasthan) and proceed to adventurous drive at Ranthambore National Park.
- Return to Maharahas Express for breakfast on-board.
- Depart to Jaipur and a sumptuous lunch on-board.
- Arrival at Pink City i.e. Jaipur.
- Visit Jantar Mantar - world's largest sun dial. Or optional activity of visiting Spa at a 5-star hotel or a private shopping tour.
- Proceed to City Palace / Jai Mahal. Guests can choose exclusive elephant activities like paint them, feed them or take a royal ride followed by a lavish dinner.
- Return to the palatial comforts of Maharahas' Express and enjoy a sleep.
Day 4 - Bikaner
- Arrival at the fascinating ancient city of Bikaner that was named after King Rao Bike.
- Guests can choose to either stay o-board and relax or visit Lalgarh Museum or visit Deshnak - the ancient rat temple.
- Lavish lunch on-board and then proceed to Junagarh Fort.
- From here proceed to the breathtaking beautiful sand owners at the Sand Dunes with a tea-break enroute at Gajner Palace.
- An evening on sand dunes with cocktails, barbeque and Rajasthani folk dances.
- Return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express and spend overnight.
- Train departs for Jodhpur.
Day 5 - Jodhpur
- On-board breakfast on arrival at Jodhpur.
- Either spend a leisure time on-board or visit Bishnoi village, if time permits. Or guests can either visit a Spa at 5-star hotel or go for an excursion to Umaid Bhawan Palace and Jaswant Thada or go on a private shopping tour.
- Lunch on-board and then proceed to explore the charms of Jodhpur in IRCTC's exclusive Rajasthan luxury tour 'The Indian Splendor' - Mehrangarh Fort followed by walking tour of Old Clock Tower Market and a joy ride on Tuk-tuks.
- Sight-seeing is followed by an evening cocktail treat with cultural puppet show at Hanwant Mahal.
- Return to the luxuries of Maharajas' Express and spend overnight as the train departs for Udaipur - The City of Lakes.
Day 6 - Udaipur
- Breakfast is served on-board at Udaipur.
- Proceed for a boat ride on Lake Pichola and then visit the City Palace and Crystal Gallery.
- A princely lunch is served at Satkar Hall of Fateh Prakash Palace.
- Choose to either relax on-board or go for Spa facilities at a 5-star hotel or a private shopping tour or a sound and light show, only if time permits.
- Dinner on-board as Maharajas' Express departs to Balasinor - the land of African culture in Gujarat.
Day 7 - Balasinor
- Breakfast on-board and arrive at Sevalia Railway Station in Gujarat.
- Proceed for Dinosaur Fossil Park followed by a village walking tour.
- Proceed for Garden Palace, Balasinor and enjoy an exclusive lunch hosted by the Royal Family of Balasinor.
- Return to the comforts of Maharajas' Express, enjoy and 'Indian Evening' on-board followed by dinner.
Day 8 -Mumbai
- Enjoy a breakfast on-board as the train arrives at Lokmanya Tilak Terminus, Mumbai - the home of Bollywood.
- Bid farewell to the Maharajas' Express, the pioneer of Indian luxury tourism
Tariff per head (adult)
- Deluxe cabin - $5,980. For single supplement $4,510.
- Junior Suite - $9,460. For single supplement - $8,520.
- Suite - $13,800. For single supplement - $13,800.
- Presidential Suites - $23,700. For single supplement - $23,700.
Dates of Departure
- October 13th, 2018.
- November 10th, 2018.
- December 8th, 2018.
- January 5th, 2019.
- February 2nd, 2019.
- March 2nd and 30th, 2019.
Itinerary, destinations and scheduled departures may change without prior notice. Guests may contact their Guest Relations Executive for further details, prices and bookings of optional activities. Refer the official website.
Check the other package by Maharajas' Express:
The Southern Jewels
Disclaimer: The author has just provided information on the tour package. The author is not travel agent and is in not way connected with the Maharajas' Express.