Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2019 Examination Notification, Eligibility & Application
Are you looking for GATE 2019 Notification details? Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2019 notification has been released. Last date to submit online application is 21st September 2018. Check the details of GATE 2019, application procedure, fees details & eligibility criteria etc.
About GATE 2019GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is jointly conducted by the IISc, Bangalore and the Seven IIT's which are located at Delhi, Bombay, Guwahati, Kanpur, Madras, Kharagpur and Roorkee. This test is conducted each year for admission into various master's programs and doctoral programs with MHRD and other government scholarships, assistantships . This test will be conducted on 24 subjects also referred as papers. GATE 2019 score is valid for 3 years. GATE score can be used for employment also, some of the PSU's like BHEL, GAIL, HAL, IOCL, NTPC, NPCIL, ONGC and PGCI use GATE score to shortlist the candidates for employment.
GATE 2019 PatternThis examination is purely a computer based test CBT which tests the knowledge of candidates in various undergraduate subjects like Technology/ Engineering/ Architecture and post graduate subjects in Science. This test consists of multiple choice questions and numerical questions.
Eligibility CriteriaCandidates must meet one of the following qualification to apply for GATE examination:
- B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm : Candidates who have completed B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Pharm or who are currently in the final year of the course are eligible to apply. And the year of qualification should not be later than 2019. Bachelor's degree holders in Engineering or Technology must have qualified a 4 year program after SSC. Candidates with a Diploma in Engineering/ Technology or 3 years B.Sc degree after SSC are also eligible.
- Bachelor of Architecture (B. Arch) : Candidates who have completed 5 year B. Arch course or who are currently in the final year of the course are eligible to apply. And the year of qualification should not be later than 2019.
- B.Sc. (Research)/BS : Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree in Science (post diploma/ 4 years after SSC) and who are currently in the final year of the course, are eligible to apply. And the year of qualification should not be later than 2019
- MCA/M.Sc/M.A or equivalent : Candidates who have completed Master's degree in any branch of Mathematics/ Science/ Computer Applications/ Statistics or equivalent can apply. Those who are in final year also can apply. And the year of qualification should not be later than 2019
- Integrated M.Tech/M.E (Post B.Sc) : Candidates who've completed or who are in 2nd, 3rd, 4th year Post B.Sc. integrated Master's degree program can apply. And the year of qualification should not be later than 2021
- Integrated M.Tech/M.E or Dual degree (after 10+2 or Diploma): Students who have completed 5 year Integrated Post-graduate degree program or a Dual Degree program in Technology/ Engineering can apply. Those who are in 4th or 5th year of a course can also apply. And the year of qualification should not be later than 2020.
- Integrated M.Sc/Integrated B.S – MS : Candidates who have completed Integrated M.Sc degree or a 5 years Integrated B.S – M.Sc program or who are in final year of course can apply. And the year of qualification should not be later than 2019
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent of B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch) : Candidates who have completed section A or equivalent of B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch equivalent examinations of Professional Societies recognized by the MHRD/AICTE/UPSC can also apply
Examination CentresThe examination will be conducted in a selected cities and towns across India which can be selected at the time of registration and at the following cities, overseas Dhaka (Bangladesh), Singapore, Addis Ababa (Ethiopia), Kathmandu (Nepal), Colombo (Sri Lanka) and Dubai (UAE).
Application processInterested candidates can register and apply online at GOAPS GATE Online Application Processing System at website: http:gate.iitm.ac.in. All the information regarding application will be available at website. Candidates need to fill up the application form and have to upload the documents/ certificates like certificate of qualifying degree, category certificate (SC/ ST/ PwD) and/ or Dsylexic certificate in online mode only. Candidates need to pay application fee online itself. Candidates can apply online form 1st September 2018 to 21st September 2018. Admit card will be made available in the online application portal on 4th January 2019. Candidates need to download their admit cards. Examination center, date and time will be specified in the admit card.
Application fee for GATE 2019
For exam centres in India:
On or before 21st September 2018
- For Female candidates, SC/ ST/ PwD candidates : Rs. 750
- For Other Candidates : Rs. 1500/-
During Extended period
- For Female candidates, SC/ ST/ PwD candidates: Rs. 1250/-
- For Other Candidates: Rs. 2000/-
For Examination centres outside India
- Addis Ababa, Colombo, Dhaka, Khatmandu : US $ 50 (During extended period US $ 70)
- Dubai, Singapore: US $ 100 (During extended period US $ 120)
Further DetailsFurther details can be obtained form any of the following Zonal websites:
- IIT, Bangalore: http://gate.iisc.ac.in
- IIT, Bombay: http://gate.iitb.ac.in
- IIT, Delhi: http://gate.iitd.ac.in
- IIT, Guwahati: http://iitg.ac.in/gate-jam
- IIT, Kanpur: http://gate.iitk.ac.in
- IIT, Kharagpur: http://gate.iitkgp.ac.in
- IIT, Madras: http://gate.iitm.ac.in
- IIT, Roorkee: http://gate.iitr.ac.in
Important dates to remember
- GOPAS Website open date : 1st September 2018
- Closing date for submission of online application : 21st September 2018
- Extended closing date for submission of online application : 1st October 2018
- Last date for requested change of exam city with additional fee : 16th November 2018
- Admit card availability date : 4th January 2019
- GATE 2019 Exam dates : 2nd, 3rd, 9th, 10th February 2019