National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur admissions 2019 into Ph.D. Programme
Are you looking for admission in NIT Jamshedpur? National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur has announced admissions 2019 into Ph.D. Programme. Check out for more details like eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application procedure, and important dates, etc.
About NIT Jamshedpur
National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur was established in 1960 on 15th August by Government of India and Government of Bihar in a chain of regional engineering college in India and it is earlier known as Regional Institute of Technology. It is an institute of National Importance under MHRD (Department of Higher Education), Government of India. It was given the status of the Institute of National Importance through an Act of the parliament on 15th August 2007. It offers various academic programmes such as B.Tech (Hons), M.Tech, MCA, MSc. and Ph.D. programmes in various disciplines. It also has well experienced and qualified faculty and dedicated supporting staff.
National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, Jamshedpur has announced admissions 2019 into Ph.D. Programme. The various departments offering the Ph.D. Programme are as follows:
Categories of Ph.D. Programme:
- Institute Research scholars (Full time):Candidates from this category are fellowship from the institute as per MHRD norms and must have qualified GATE. Vacancies under this category are CH-4, CE-10, CS-3, CA-3, HS-3, EC-7, EE-7, MA-6, ME-13, MM-5, PE-6, PH-3 in total 70 seats. Reservation for SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ EWS are applicable.
- Sponsered research scholars (Full time):Candidates who recieve financial support from AICTE under QIP scheme or from Government institutes/ organisations under study leave.
- Self financed research scholars (Full time):Candidates from this category are who support themselves or receive fellowship from agencies such as UGC, CSIR, DST, JEST, etc.
- Self financed research scholars (Part time):Candidates should be employed in nearby industries/ institutes/ R&D organisations require no objection certificate from the employer and in case of candidates from outside 40 km radius should require to get leave for one year from employer to complete course work.
- Faculty/ Sponsored/ Staff project fellow of NIT Jamshedpur (Part time): Regular staff, faculty, and sponsored members are eligible for admission in concerned department.
Cadidates have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria for admission 2019 in Ph.D. Programme:
- Ph.D. in Engineering:
Ph.D. in Science, Humanities, Computer Applications, Social Sciences and Management:
- Candidate should have Master's degree in relevent branch of Engineering/ Technology with minimumu 60% marks as aggregate or equivalent CPI 6.5.
- Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in relevent branch of Engineering/ Technology with minimum 75% marks as aggregate or equivalent CPI 8.0.
- Candidate should have Master's degree in the relevent subject with minimumu 60% marks as aggregate or equivalant CPI 6.5.
- Candidate should have Bachelor's degree in the relevent branch of Engineering with minimum 75% marks as aggregate or equivalent CPI 8.0.
Selection is done based on candidate's consistently good academic record and performance in writen test and interview which will be held on 01st July 2019 at NIT Jamshedpur.
Interested and eligible candidates who are willing for admission to Ph.D. Programme are requested to fill and upload their application form along with all required documents through online from website "http://www.nitjsr.ac.in".The last date for submission of filled in application form along with required documents is 03rd June 2019. The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for OBC/ EWS/ Open candidates and in case of SC/ ST/ PWD candidates Rs. 500/-. Incomplete application forms and uploaded after the last date will be rejected. Shortlisted candidates for interview will be uploaded on 17th June 2019 in the institute website itself. Candidates who have been selected for admission have to deposit the institute fee at the time of admission.
National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur
Phone No.: 0657-2372412, 2374108
E Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important dates to remember
- Date of advertisement in newspaper and institute website: 22nd April 2019
- Last date for submission of application form: 03rd June 2019
- Date of intimation about interview on website: 17th June 2019
- Date of writen test and interview at NIT Jamshedpur: 01st July 2019
- Date of declaration of results: 03rd July 2019
- Date of admission: 15th and 16th July 2019