B.Sc Nursing, BASLP & Allied Health Science Courses 2019 - Entrance exam at JIPMER, Pondicherry
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) started online applications for admission to the various Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) courses for their academic year 2019-20. You will get the various B.Sc.courses offered by JIPMER with seat availability, eligibility criteria, how to apply, payment details etc. here in this article below. The last date of online registration is 25.05.2019
What are the B.Sc. Courses Offered by JIPMER?
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER) offer various B.Sc. courses for a total of 153 seats. The various courses and the course wise number of seats offered by JIPMER for the year 2019 are as under
- B.Sc. Nursing -75 seats
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology
(BASLP) - 4 seats
- B.Sc. Allied Health Science - 74 seats(as under)
- Anesthesia Technology -4 seats
- Cardiac Laboratory Technology- 4 seats
- Dialysis Technology -4 seats
- Blood Banking Technology-4 seats
- Radio-diagnosis Technology -4 seats
- Neuro Technology - 4 seats
- Nuclear Medicine Technology - 4 seats
- Optometry-4 seats
- Perfusion Technology -4 seats
- Radiotherapy Technology -4 seats
- Medical Laboratory Technology (M.L.T) -30 seats
- Clinical Nutrition and Dietetics -4 seats
The Eligibility criteria for various B.Sc. Courses offered by JIPMER-Pondicherry are
- Applicant should be an Indian citizen
- Applicant's minimum age should be 17 years as on 31.12.2019 (i.e Applicants who have born on or before 01.01. 2003 are eligible to apply
- There is no upper age limit to apply for this course
- Applicant must have a minimum education of 10+2 class /12th passed with Physics, Chemistry Biology / (Botany & Zoology) and English from a recognized institution. OR
- Applicant should have passed the Higher Secondary Examination (+2) Vocational Stream with Medical Laboratory Assistant or any equivalent examination
- Applicant should have passed in each subject individually and the total of all science subjects (PCB theory and practical tests) together with 50% minimum and (In case of SC/ST/OBC category applicants have a minimum of 40% and for General PWD category minimum of 45% )
Note: For more details, Applicants can check the list of examinations recognized by JIPMER in the information Brochure listed as Annexure - 1 and the Brochure can be downloadable from www.jipmer.edu.in.
All BSc. Courses are full-time course.
- B.Sc. Nursing The duration of BSc. Nursing is 4 (Four) years and it is applicable to only full-time students. On successful completion of this course, students are eligible to join at JIPMER for a 1-year stipendiary internship which is optional.
- B.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses - BASLP and B.Sc. OptometryFor the courses namely Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP) & B.Sc.Optometry, the duration is 4 (Four) years full-time including 1-year internship.
- B.Sc. Allied Health Science CoursesB.Sc. Allied Health Science Courses are for 3(three) years full-time course. On successful completion of the course, students are eligible to join at JIPMER for 1-year Optional Stipendiary Internship subjected to the approval by the competent authority.
Application fee & Mode of Payment
The Application fee applicable to category wise as under
- For UR, P-UR, OBC & P-OBC category : Rs.1,500 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For SC/ST & P-SC/ST category : Rs.1,200 + Transaction Charges as applicable
- For PWD category : Exempted from Application Fees
- The mode of application fee are through Net Banking or Credit Card or Debit Card only
- Refund of fee will not be applicable under any circumstances
How to apply
- Mode of application is Online only
- Eligible and interested applicants who wants to apply for JIPMER B.Sc.courses, should be registered on-line through the link available at the organisation's official website www.jipmer.edu.in on or before 24.05.2019 up to 5.00p.m to fill the application.
- An applicant can choose 3 examination cities and the allotment of choice will be based on First Cum First served basis.
- After successful submission of online application, applicants can take print out/save the application for their future reference.
- Before starting online registration, Applicants should thoroughly read the Prospectus and then fill and complete the on-line application carefully.
Selection for admission will be based on the JIPMER Entrance Examination performance and
The Entrance Examination will be conducted via online Computer Based Test(CBT) on 22.06.2019
Important notes for JIPMER B.Sc.courses Entrance Examination
- Candidate must carry the "Admit Card" issued by the Institute and also a proof of their identification.
- The examination will be conducted in English.
- Duration of the Exam will be 1hr 30 minutes
- Examination is common for all B.Sc courses which consists of total 100 Nos MCQs for 100 marks.
- Syllabus will be as per the state board Higher Secondary and CBSE for XI & XII Standards and subject-wise Question weight-age and marks as under
- Physics - 20
- Chemistry - 20
- Biology - 40
- English & Comprehension -10
- Logical & Quantitative Reasoning-10
Applicants can practice online Mock Test for Computer Based Test which is available on JIPMER's Website JIPMER B.Sc. Entrance Examination – 2019 link.
- Online Registration starts from: 25.04.2019
- Last date to submit the online application form: 24.05.2019
- Download of Hall Ticket from JIPMER Website: 10.06 2019 to 22.06.2019
- Date & Time of Entrance Exam : 22 06.2019 - 10.00 AM to 11.30 AM (Single Shift)
- Date of Publication of Merit List : on (or) before 05.07.2019
- Admission formalities: 30.07.2019
- Issue of Admission Letter & Letter for Hostel accommodation: 31.07. 2019
- Commencement of Course: 01.08.2019 at 09.00 a.m
- Closing of Admissions for B.Sc. Courses 2019 Session : 30.09.2019
Counseling for B.Sc. Courses:
- First Counseling (Tentative) 17.07.2019
- Second Counseling (Tentative): 21.08. 2019
- Third Counseling (Tentative): 11.09.2019
- Final Counseling (Tentative): 27.09.2019
For any information related to B.Sc. Entrance Examination and admission, applicants can be contacted through the below contact numbers and e-mail during office hours (9 a.m to 1 p.m & 2 to 5 p.m).
Phone Numbers :
Direct Line: 0413 – 2298288 / 0413 - 2272380
Extn : 8573
Toll Free Help Lines : 18002667072
The Dean (Academic),
III-Floor, Academic Section,
JIPMER Academic Centre,
Dhanvantri Nagar P.O,
Puducherry 605 006.