Ph.D admissions 2019 at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Rishikesh
Are you looking for admissions into AIIMS? All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh announced admissions 2019 into Ph.D. Program in all Clinical/ Non- Clinical subjects and in Nursing. Check out for more details such as eligibility criteria, selection procedure, application procedure, important dates, etc.
About AIIMSAll India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh located at Rishikesh, Uttarakhand in India. AIIMS is a medical college, Hospital and medical research public university established by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India. This institute offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, PBDSS Nursing, B.Sc., M.Sc., PDCC & Fellowship, DM/M.Ch., Diploma, Certificate, MPH, M.Ch., and Ph.D. Courses.
Admissions 2019Applications are invited for admission 2019 into the Ph.D. Program in All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), Rishikesh as follows:
- Clinical/ Non- Clinical subjects
Eligibility criteria Candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admission into Ph.D. Program in AIIMS, Rishikesh:
- For Medical Sciences:
- Candidate should have passed MBBS/ BDS Degree or equivalent with minimum 55% of marks in aggregate in Professional examinations.
- Candidate should have passed MS/ MDS/ MD/ MCH in relevant subject with minimum 55% of marks in aggregate.
- Candidate should have passed Bachelor degree in Alternative Medicine (AYUSH) with minimum 55% of marks in aggregate in professional examinations.
- For Nursing:
- Candidates should have secured minimum 55% of marks in aggregate or equivalent percentile in M.Sc. Degree in Nursing Specialty can apply.
- For Non-Medical:
- Candidate should have passed a Master degree of 2 years course in subject as per requirement of the project from Indian University or equivalent.
- Candidates having M.Biotech/ M.Com/ M.Tech/ MBA/ M.Sc. other than M.SC. Nursing with minimum 55% of marks in aggregate can also apply.
- Candidates having Master's degree through distance learning course are not eligible for admission.
- Candidates must be qualified in any one of the national entrance test in last 2 years like NBHM screening test/ GATE/ DST-JRF/ DST-SRF/ DBT-JRF/ DBT-SRF/ Joint CSIR-UGC NET for JRF/ ICMR-SRF/ ICMR-JRF/ INSPIRE fellowship/ CSIR-JRF/ CSIR-SRF/ UGC-JRF/ UGC-SRF.
- Candidates who have qualified SRF/ JRF are need not to appear for Ph.D. entrance exam.
- For ST/ SC/ OBC/ PWD/ Female candidates 5% of relaxation in marks will be considered.
- Applicants from AIIMS Rishikesh like Faculty/ Administrative officer/ Scientific staff/ officials, JR, SR, Tutors, Demonstrators, whose tenure is of 3 years or more can apply as Internal Candidates.
- Candidates who are permanent employees of external Institutions like Semi Government/ Central Government/ Autonomous organization can apply as external candidates through proper channel mentioned below in application process.
Selection procedureSelection is done based on the candidate's performance in the entrance exam which will be held on 25th June 2019 at AIIMS, Rishikesh. And qualified candidates will be called for interview on 26th and 27th June 2019.
Entrance Exam Details:The Entrance exam consists of 200 multiple choice questions with 70 marks. Exam pattern is as follows:
- Aptitude, Soft Skills and General Knowledge- 25%
- Subject knowledge of below subjects- 75%
- Research Methodology
- Cell Biology
- Primary Health care
- General Health related issues
Application procedureInterested and eligible candidates are requested to apply online through AIIMS from 15th May 2019. The last date for submission of application form is 15th June 2019 by 5:00 pm. Candidates applying under external candidates category have to report to at below address on 25th June 2019 by 09:00 AM with original Documents, self-attested photocopies of documents and payment slip. The selected candidates for admission have to pay the course fee of Rs.6500/- at the time of admission.
Address to report (For external candidate):: Lecture Theatre-3,
Medical College Building,
- Dr.Shalinee Rao, Convener
Dr. Rajesh Kathrotia, Co-ordinator
All India Institute of Medical Sciences ( AIIMS )
Phone No.: 0135-2462679
Important dates to remember
- Start date of submission of online application: 15th May 2019
- Last date for submission of application: 15th June 2019 by 5:00 PM
- Date of entrance exam: 25th June 2019
- Date of interview: 26th and 27th June 2019