Delhi Technological University (DTU) was upgraded from Delhi College of Engineering in the year 2009 by the Government of National Capital Territory (NCT )of Delhi. It is one of the well-known premier institutions for higher education in India. It is located at Shahbad Daulatpur in Delhi. This institute offers various Under Graduate, Post Graduate, and Post Doctoral Programmes like B.Tech, M.Tech, MBA, and Ph.D., etc. in various departments with relevant specializations.
Delhi Technological University (DTU) has announced admissions 2019 into four-year Bachelor of Design program in the following areas of specialization.
Intake of Seats:
Total intake of seats is 60. And 85% of seats are reserved for the candidates Delhi region, that means candidates who have passed the qualifying examination from a school/ institute/ college located within National Capital Territory of Delhi. And the remaining 15% of seats are reserved for the candidates from outside Delhi region.
Candidates have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria for admission into the B.Des Programme:
Also, Candidates who have passed any other equivalent examination conducted by a state or central board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU) as mentioned below can also apply
Selection is done based on the candidate's UCEED Score. Based on the UCEED score merit list will be prepared and selected candidates will be declared for the first round of admission in the institute website. Candidates who are attending for the first round of admission should produce the relevant documents at the time of admission. Candidates failing to attend for admission on schedule time or not able to produce required documents or fees will not be considered for admission and the seat will be offered to the next eligible candidate. The candidates selected for admission should deposit the fee in the account section of the institute through Demand Draft in favor of "Registrar, Delhi Technological University payable at New Delhi" and have to submit it at the department. In case of seats remained unfilled then second round/ subsequent rounds of counseling will be conducted as per admission scheduled on the institute website.
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to apply online through official website from 08th June 2019. The last date for submission of application form is 30th June 2019 by 12:00 am. The application fee is Rs. 1000/- for General/ OBC and in case of ST/ SC/ PWD candidates fee is Rs. 500/- which should be paid online itself by using Credit card/ Debit card/ Net banking. Candidates have to take a print out of filled in the application form after successful payment of application fee. Further, candidates have to submit the duly signed application form along with two photos affixed on it at the time of counseling. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
The Anual fee for B.Des. the program should be made in a single installment. Candidate has to deposit the annual fee at the time of admission failing which their admission will be canceled and offered to the next eligible candidate. In the case of waitlisting candidates who offered admission during counseling will be given one day time for depositing the fee. Fee concession is available for economically weaker sections whose income is less than Rs. 4,50,000/- per annum.
Year wise Annual Fee for B.Des. Programme is as follows which includes tution fee, student welfare fee, facilities and services charges, economically weaker section fund, premium amount for mediclaim and examination fee:
Delhi Technological University ( DTU )
Main Bawana Road,
Phone no.: 011-27871018
For further queries contact:
Prof Ranganath M Singari, Chairperson
Head, Department of Design
Phone No.: +91 9654528868
Landline No.: +91 11 27871017
Important dates to remember