About Hindustan Copper Limited Hindustan Copper Ltd or HCL is a renowned public sector enterprise in the field of copper mining and production. It has numerous copper mines and processing plants spread across the country. A Government of India enterprise, HCL provides valuable opportunities to young technical hands to hone their skills in different vocational trades. To trade apprentices, the company provides a good platform for learning and gaining practical experience. It helps them in getting jobs in the same field very easily. Only a month back, through one of its recruitment notice, apprentices were recruited in the electrician and fitter trade by HCL for its Taloja Copper Project in Navi Mumbai. This time the openings are for its Khetri Copper Complex in Rajasthan. The list of trades available for an apprenticeship at Khetri is as follows. The respective figures indicate the number of vacancies for each trade.
- Fitter - 23
- Turner - 5
- Welder (gas & electric) - 28
- Electrician - 19
- Electronics Mechanic - 6
- Draughtsman (civil) - 3
- Draughtsman (mechanical) - 2
- Pump Operator Cum Mechanic - 4
- Surveyor - 10
- Laboratory Assistant - 5
- Diesel Mechanic - 8
- Wireman - 4
- Carpenter - 5
- Stenographer (English) - 4
- Computer Hardware Repair & Maintenance Mechanic - 3
Khetri Copper Complex Established in 1967, Khetri Copper Complex is located in Jhunjhunu district of Rajasthan. Situated at the foothills of the Aravalli Range, the place is 180 km from Delhi. Connectivity with Delhi is through road as well as rail. At Khetri Copper Complex, HCL is involved in mining and production of refined copper. With two mechanized underground mines, Khetri and Kolihan, the company mines around one million tonnes of ore per annum. It also processes 30,000 tonnes per annum of refined copper. Sulphuric acid is produced as a by-product. Khetri Copper Complex thus provides valuable learning opportunities to those who wish to make a career in copper mining and processing.
Eligibility criteria Following are the criteria the candidates need to fulfil for applying for this apprenticeship.
- The candidate should have passed class 10th under the 10+2 education system or its equivalent.
- The candidate should be ITI pass in his or her concerned trade from a recognized institute. The recognition should be from NCVT or National Council for Vocational Training.
- Those having passed ITI prior to 2016 need to attach an affidavit stating that they have neither undergone any apprentice training nor have they been employed ever since. The affidavit has to be typed on a non-judicial stamp paper signed by a Magistrate or Notary Public.
- The candidate should also have registered himself/herself at the apprenticeship portal of Government of India. The portal can be reached at www.apprenticeship.gov.in. Under the establishment menu, you have to select Hindustan Copper Limited, Khetri Copper Complex for undergoing apprenticeship.
- Those with a diploma or degree in engineering will not be considered for selection. Having qualifications like BA, BSc or BCom will not give you any additional weightage in the selection process.
Age limit Candidates applying for the above positions should be within the age group of 14 to 30 years as on 20 Aug 2019. For SC/ST candidates, there is a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit. For OBC candidates it is 3 years.
Apprenticeship/training period and stipend
- For Fitter, Turner, Welder, Electrician, Electronics Mechanic, Draughtsman, Pump Operator Cum Mechanic, Surveyor and Laboratory Assistant the period of engagement is 1 year.
- For diesel mechanic, wireman and carpenter the period is 2 years.
- For computer mechanic and stenographer, the training duration is just 6 months.
The selected candidates will be eligible for a monthly stipend. The amount admissible will be as per the rules of the company.
- The selection of the candidates depends upon their marks obtained in class 10 and ITI.
- Marks in ITI has a weightage of 70%, whereas the rest 30% is for marks in class 10.
- In the merit list, if 2 or more candidates get the same marks, then the candidate with the higher age will get priority.
- Dependents of serving employees of Hindustan Copper Limited will get an additional 10 marks.
- The candidates will be also subjected to medical tests as per the requirement of the company.
How to apply Application for the above posts of apprenticeship is to be submitted through online only at the company's website www.hindustancopper.com. No other modes of application are accepted. However, before registering or applying, the candidates need to first make themselves fully aware of the eligibility conditions by going through the Recruitment Notice at the company website. Also, before filling the application form, it is advised that the candidates go through the 'How to fill the online application form' given at the website. Here you will learn that it is necessary to have an active mobile number and e-mail ID through which the concerned people may send messages or contact you from time to time. You will also need scanned images of your passport size colour photograph, signature in black ink and other important documents. The image should be in jpg, jpeg, png or gif format and size less than 50 KB. Once you are satisfied with all the requirements, you need to then follow the following step-by-step procedures.
- First and foremost, register yourself at the Government of India apprenticeship portal at www.apprenticeship.gov.in. On registering, a unique number gets generated that you need to enter while filling up the application form. Without this number, you will not be able to submit your application.
- Visit the Hindustan Copper website and in the career section, click on 'Apply Online' for 'Engagement of apprentices for Khetri Copper Complex'.
- If not yet registered, you will be prompted to register by giving your name, parent's name, date of birth, mobile number, email ID, alternate email ID, PAN and Aadhaar number.
- On successful registration, you will be sent a password to your registered email ID. Use this password and your email ID for login to the online application portal.
- On login for the first time, you will be prompted to change the password. Keep your new password safe as you will require it for future reference to the application portal.
- In case you forget your password, you can generate a new password by giving your date of birth and email ID.
- Once logged in, fill the application form with necessary details. Fields like name, BOB and email ID will be auto-filled from your registration data and are non-editable.
- Once all the data is entered, upload all the necessary documents including your passport photo and signature.
- Save all the details and click the final submit button.
- Your application will be submitted and an acknowledgement slip generated.
- Take a printout of the application and the acknowledgement slip by clicking on the 'Print Application'.
Documents to be uploaded
- 10th class or Matric certificate
- 12th class or Higher Secondary certificate (if available)
- ITI certificate
- Apprenticeship registration certificate
- Category certificate (for candidates belonging to the reserved categories)
- Affidavit (in case passed ITI prior to year 2016)
- Online application portal opens on – 20 August 2019
- Online application closes on – 19 September 2019
- Publication of shortlisted candidates list – 10 October 2019
- Age to be considered as on – 20 August 2019
Points to note
- 'One applicant – one application'. Only one application to be sent for the trade that best fits your ITI qualification. In case of multiple applications by a candidate, only the first one will be accepted.
- The number of seats advertised may increase or decrease depending upon the company's requirement.
- Shortlisting of candidates will be provisional until their certificates and testimonials are verified.
- Any updates or amendments will be through the company's website. So candidates need to visit the website from time to time.
- The engagement of apprentices is for the said duration only. The apprentices will not have any right to claim any employment based on their apprenticeship.
- Hindustan Copper Limited website: www.hindustancopper.com
- GOI apprenticeship portal: www.apprenticeship.gov.in
For other career opportunities after your ITI, you may also refer the question thread, career options after ITI, where you will come across answers given by experts.
Queries, if any E-mail IDs:
For technical queries: email@example.com
For HR related queries: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel. No.: 01593-220138 / 220112
Fax: 01593-220034 / 220002
Khetri Copper Complex,
P.O. Khetri Nagar – 333504,
Dist. Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan