About J.E.E National Testing Agency (N.T.E) which is an undertaking by the Human Resources Ministry, is conducting an examination called the Joint Entrance Examination (J.E.E) Main. This an important examination as it is the entrance exam for the Degree in Engineering/Technology/Science/Architecture/ Planning in the famous institutions like National Institute of Technology(N.IT), Indian Institute of Information Technology(I.I.I.T), Government Funded Technical Institute(G.F.T.I).
Also, through one of the papers, namely BE/BTech, N.T.E finds the eligible students for the J.E.E Advanced examination which is the entrance exam for studying in Indian Institute of Technology(I.I.T). These two examinations are the opening doors for many other courses in Engineering/ Science streams. So whoever is interested in studying these famous institutions, should apply and follow all procedures of these examinations.
Name of institutions Please find below some other Institutions who use J.E.E exam rankings for their admission.
1. Indian Institute of Space science and Technology (I.I.S.T) Thiruvananthapuram. They are offering course Electronics and Communication (Aviation) engineering, Engineering Physics + Master of Science/Technology dual degree programs. Admission through J.E.E Advanced. Duration is four years.
Website – www.iist.ac.in
2. Indian Institute of Petroleum and Energy, Vishakhapatnam. They are offering a course like Petroleum Chemical Engineering BTech. Admission through J.E.E Advance.
Website – www.iipe.ac.in
3. Indian Institute of Science Education and Research(ISER), Thiruvananthapuram(Kerala), Berhampur(Odisha), Bhopal(M.P), Kolkata(Bengal), Mohali(Punjab), Pune(Maharashtra) and Tirupati(A.P). They are offering courses like BSMS dual Degree in Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Earth and Environmental Science with five years duration and Four-year B.S in Economics, Engineering Sciences). Admission through J.E.E Advanced. Also, they accept K.V.P.Y and ISER aptitude test.
Website – www.iiseradmission.in
4. Indian Naval Academy, Kannur, Kerala offers 10+2 B. Tech Cadet entry scheme in branches like Applied Electronics and Communication, Mechanical, Electronics and communication. They are selecting candidates for an interview with Service selection Board through J.E.E main B.E/B Tech paper.
Website – www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
5. Army Institute of Technology(I.I.T Pune) This institute gives admission for the children of Army staff and retired army staff. Admission based on J.E.E Main rank list
Website – www.aitpune.com
6. Other Institutions considering J.E.E rank list are (i) Jamia Milia Islamia, New Delhi(B Tech/B.Arch. - main) (ii)Indian Institute of Food Processing Technology, Thanchavur(B Tech - main) (iii)Rajiv Gandhi Institute of Petroleum Technology, Amethi(B.Tech Advanced) (iv)Delhi Technological University(B.Tech- main), Dr B R Ambedkar National Institute of Technology Jalandhar, Graphic Era University, Dehradun, Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology Shibpur, National Institute of Technology Calicut, National Institute of Technology Warangal, Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh, Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute, Mumbai, Atal Bihari Vajpayee Indian Institute of Information Technology and Management Gwalior, Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida.
7.Other than these Institutions, a lot of private universities also accepting J.E.E rank list for the admission in their Degree courses.
Website of J.E.E: www.jeemain.nta.nic.in.