Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi admissions 2020 to MBA, MBA (IB) Courses
Are you looking for MBA admissions 2020? Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi has announced admissions 2020 to the MBA and MBA IB courses. Check this article for more details like eligibility criteria, selection procedure, the application process, important dates, etc.
The Banaras Hindu University is one of the most prestigious Central Universities in India which was founded in the year 1916 by Mahamana Pandit Madan Mohan Malaviyaji. It offers various courses incorporating almost all subjects of science, humanities, social sciences, engineering and technology, commerce, education, law, visual arts, agriculture, performing arts, Sanskrit, library science, journalism and a large number of foreign and Indian languages. BHU is the second-largest university in the world having extensive greeneries, well-maintained roads, an airstrip, a temple and buildings which are with beautiful architecture.
Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi has announced admissions to the following two year, four semester post graduate management courses in business administration courses for the academic year 2020-2022:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) - 59 SeatsSpecializations: Marketing/ Human Resource Management/ Finance/ Operations Management/ Information Technology
- Master of Business Administration - International Business (MBA (IB)) - 59 SeatsSpecializations: Marketing/ Human Resource Management/ Finance/ Operations Management/ Information Technology/ Global Business Operations
Candidates have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria to apply for MBA/ MBA IB courses in BHU, Varanasi:
- Candidates who have completed a bachelor's degree (10+2+3 pattern) or a degree in Agriculture, Technology, Medicine, Education or Law or a post-graduate degree in any discipline with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate from any institute or university recognized by AICTE/ AIU.
- Candidates appearing for a final year of the qualifying examination can also apply. In such a case, the candidate has to furnish a certificate from the head of the institution where he/ she pursuing the course, to effect that candidate will be appearing or has appeared in the qualifying examination on or before June 30 of the year of admission.
Interested and eligible candidates applying for admissions to the Institute of Management Studies, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi have to first appear in CAT 2019 which will be conducted by IIMs. Then candidates are required to apply separately for MBA/ MBA IB courses through the University Admission Portal website. The application process will be open from 10th September 2019 to 25th January 2020. Candidates need to pay the application fee of Rs. 2000/- (Rs. 1000/- for SC/ST candidates) online itself.
The selection of candidates for admission will be done strictly based on the candidate's Common Admission Test (CAT) 2019 score, academic record, group discussion, and interview. For CAT 50% weightage will be given, for an academic record 20% and for group discussion and interview 30% weightage will be given. Candidates appearing group discussion and personal interview have to come with the following documents:
- Photo identity proof (Aadhaar card/ PAN) with a self attested copy.
- Self-attested copy of the CAT 2019 scorecard.
- Self-attested copies of mark sheets of Class X, XII and qualifying examination.
- Appearing certificate from the head of the institution, in case of candidate appearing in the qualifying examination.
- Self-attested copy of caste certificate, in case of SC/ ST/ NC OBC.
- Income certificate for candidates belonging to EWSs.
- Self-attested copy of disability certificate, in case of differentially abled candidates.
- DD of Rs. 2000/- or for the amount to be mentioned through GD-PI call letter, drawn in favor of the Registrar, BHU payable at Varanasi.
Important dates to remember
- Start date of the online application process: 10th September 2019
- Last date for applying: 25th January 2019
- Closing date of CAT 2019 registration: 18th September 2019
- Date of CAT 2019 examination: 24th November 2019
Contact detailsInstitute of Management Studies,
Banaras Hindu University,
Varanasi - 221005,
Email id: email@example.com
Phone No.: 0542 2369332