Freie Universität Berlin Germany Rising Star Junior Fellowships 2020
Are you interested in doing research at a university of international repute? Freie Universität Berlin Germany's rising star fellowship is now open for Early-Career Researchers who have completed their doctorates within the last four years, preferably from abroad. This article gives complete details of the Fellowship and the application procedure.
About the Institute Freie Universität Berlin is also known as FU Berlin. It is one of the most famous universities in Germany and known for distinguished research in the field of humanities and social sciences, natural and life sciences. It was established in 1948 by West Berlin. It was established with an idea of free university, which gains community as well as financial support at the international level. Thereafter, the university attains the reputation of an international university.
About the FellowshipThe Fellowship Programme is intended to endeavour novel research in multidisciplinary areas. The Rising Star Fellowship Programme is running by the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy which allows outstanding early-career researchers who have completed their Ph.D. from abroad.
Terms and ConditionsResearch fellows should have completed their research other than the Freie Universität. They should not have any close relationship with the university. Doctoral alumni of Freie Universität cannot be considered.
Research AreasMain research areas are Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy.
LocationFellows will get an opportunity of working at Freie Universität Berlin, Germany.
Eligibility CriteriaTo apply for the Rising Star Fellowship Programme, candidates should have to fulfil following eligibility conditions:
- The candidate should have an excellent academic career in the field of Biology, Chemistry and Pharmacy.
- The candidate should have completed his PhD in the last four years.
- The candidate should have completed his doctorates from abroad.
- Note:The Rising Star fellows will take part in the research activities of their host-research groups.
- They will be absorbed into existing research networks like CRCs, BBIB, PhD research groups, etc.
- Fellows will have to publish their research results with the research groups together.
StipendThe fellows will be given 2,500 € per month for two years. Additional benefits for the Rising Star fellows are:
- Mobility allowance: 100 € per month will be paid to fellows to attend conferences, research trips etc. Other than this no travel or conference support will be provided.
- Allowances for accompanying family members: 276 € per month will be given for spouses and 204 € per month for each child will also be provided.
- In the case of single-parents accompanied by children: 400 € for the first child and 100 € for each additional child will be paid monthly.
- Research costs subsidy: one time 800 € towards research costs will be provided.
- Health insurance: 70 € per month will be contributed to health insurance.
How to ApplyThe following documents must be submitted online:
- Latest Curriculum Vitae.
- Complete list of publications is to be provided.
- Two to four pages of research outline with proposed work plans as to the cooperation with research groups at Freie Universität.
- References from two research groups within the Department of Biology, Chemistry, Pharmacy.
- Applications must be submitted to the dean of the department BCP: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Date for Apply: The deadline for application submission is 31st May 2020.
For Queries and Clarifications
- Contact person: Dr Alette Winter
More information can be checked at the website of Freie Universität.