Applications open for Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020 at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad
Do you want to be a post-doctoral research fellow? Are you interested in post-doctoral research? If yes, then you can apply for Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020 positions at IIT (ISM) Dhanbad. Know the details of fellowship, eligibility criteria application process, mode of selection and fellowship amount in this article.
About IIT (ISM) DhanbadThe Indian School of Mines was formally opened by the then Viceroy of India, Lord Irwin in 1926. The main aim to open this institute was to fulfil the need for mining trained manpower in the country with disciplines of Mining and Applied Geology. Later, the Institute got the status of a deemed to be university in 1967. Now, IIT(ISM) is a total technology education institute. It has 18 branches of Engineering, Applied Sciences, Management Studies and Humanities.
About FellowshipIn this fellowship programme, fellows will get opportunity research in the area of interest. They will also be engaged in teaching and other departmental research activities. They will also be eligible to serve as co-guides for guiding students enrolled for projects/dissertation work along with their mentors.
Duration of Fellowship
- Fellowship will be awarded initially for one year which may further be extended not more than a period of three years.
- Fellowship can be extended only based on the satisfactory progress of fellow as certified by the Performance Assessment Committee (PAC).
- In case of unsatisfactory performance, the fellowship may be terminated.
Responsibilities of PDFsThe main work of post-doctoral fellows will be research. Apart from this, the post-doctoral fellow will be engaged in teaching and research assistant by the Department. They will be involved in the departmental work including teaching, evaluation, handling tutorials, laboratory classes and research projects execution etc. PDFs will also be encouraged to seek external funding by submitting research proposals to different funding agencies.
- Candidates must have a PhD degree.
- They should have completed a PhD within the last 5 years.
- They must have published two research papers as first author or corresponding author in a journal of repute or SCI/SCIE.
- Note: Candidates who have completed and awarded their PhD from IIT (ISM) within the last two years are not eligible to apply.
Age LimitMaximum age limit is 35 years. However, relaxation will be given as per Government of India guidelines.
Note: Such candidates will be reimbursed First AC to and fro fare from their place of stay by the shortest route for attending the interview.
- Candidates will have to download the application form available at the website of IIT (ISM) Dhanbad and fill it in the prescribed format.
- The completed application is to be sent to email: email@example.com
- The application will be forwarded by the Office of Dean (R&D) for recommendation to the concerned Departments Faculty Screening Committee.
- Committee will approve the recommended candidates.
- Thereafter they will be called for interview.
Selection ProcedureSelection of the candidates will be based on the personal interview.
- 1st year: Rs.60,000/- per month (consolidated)
- 2nd year: Rs.60,000/- + 5% increment ( Rs.63,000/- per month consolidated)
- 3rd year:Rs.63,000/- + 5% increment
- Contingency grant: A contingency grant of Rs.75000/ will be paid to post-doctoral fellow. He/she can attend Conferences subject to availability of Fund in their contingency grant.
- Medical benefits: Post Doctoral Fellows and their legal dependents will be provided free OPD and indoor hospitalization facility and medicine available in the Health Centre. However, there will be no reimbursement facility.
- Leave benefits: A total of 30 days paid leave will be provided annually which can be availed on a pro-rata basis of the fellowship completed. Maternity or paternity leave will also be granted to a fellow as per government policy. Women candidate will also be granted leave up to 6 weeks in case of miscarriage or medical termination of pregnancy if supported by a proper medical certificate.
Progress Report & Performance Appraisal
- PDFs will have to prepare and submit a detailed six-monthly progress report along with reprints/preprints/manuscripts of tile papers published/accepted for publication or communicated, patents filed, external funding obtained etc.
- A Performance Appraisal Committee will review the work done by PDF.
- The Performance Appraisal Committee will comprise a Chairperson (Head of the Department) and three members including mentor of PDF. Members should be a research area specialist. The committee will be proposed by HOD to Chairman, Senate through Dean (R&D) for approval.
- The PAC meeting holds every six months to assess the performance of the PDFs.
TerminationIn case, a Post Doctoral Fellow wishes to leave the fellowship programme before the end of the tenure, he/she will have to give one month's notice for prior approval of the Performance Appraisal Committee. The fellowship can also be terminated by the Institute in case of the unsatisfactory performance or misconduct of the fellow after giving one month's notice to the Post Doctoral Fellow.
The last date to applyThe application will be considered and accepted until the position gets filled.
- Indian Institute of Technology(Indian School of Mines)
Main Campus IIT (ISM),
Dhanbad Jharkhand-826004, India
For more details please check the website of IIT (ISM) Dhanbad.