Applications open for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE)- 2020 Grant By SERB
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) is inviting applications from regular faculties working in Central or State Universities for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE)-2020 program. Read this article to get the details of eligibility, age limit, fellowship emoluments, selection procedure, application procedure, and other details.
About SERB-TARE Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) has released a notification for Teachers Associateship for Research Excellence (TARE)-2020. The aims of the program is to encourage and facilitate faculty members of State Universities/ Colleges or in Private Universities or Institutions who are working in a regular capacity to move and carry out research work in an established public-funded institution like IITs, IISc, IISERs, National Institutions such as NITs, CSIR, ICAR, ICMR labs and other central institutions or Universities, located preferably nearer to their parent institution. In this programme, PI will be continuing his research work in both the host institute as well as his parent institute on mutually agreed terms between the PI and Mentor.
- Candidates must hold a doctoral degree in Science or MS or MD in Medicine, M.E. or M.Tech. in Engineering or Technology, M.Pharm. or MDS or M.V.Sc. etc.
- Indian citizen residing in India are eligible to apply.
- Only public-funded institutes, central institutes, national research institutes, laboratories and universities are eligible as host institute.
- Institute must be affiliated by UGC / AICTE / MCI or other competent organizations of Government of India or State Governments.
- Applicant should not be a part of ongoing research projects or not getting any fellowship at the time of submission of application.
- The researcher who is doing research / Ph.D. without any external funding in the Central institutes can apply with their Ph.D. supervisor.
- An applicant will not be allowed to avail any other funding from DST/ SERB until the completion of TARE.
- The mentor should be at the level of Associate Professor or Scientist E, or higher level. Any number of applications can be forwarded by a mentor, but only one candidate will be allowed to work with a mentor at a time depending upon the merit of the proposal.
- The applicant must hold a regular academic or research post in State Universities or colleges or private academic institutions. Regular faculties are those whose appointment is against the sanctioned posts or likely to be renewed after the tenure.
Note: under this scheme research associates, research scientists, project fellows, ad-hoc faculty, visiting faculty and guest faculty are not eligible to apply.
Age Limit The candidate's age should not be more than 45 years at the time of the submission of application. However, there will be a provision of age relaxation. Age relaxation of five years will be given to SC/ST/OBC/Physically Challenged and Women candidates.
Research AreasCandidates may research work in the areas of science such as Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences & Mathematical Sciences, including interdisciplinary areas.
Duration of FellowshipFellowship period should not be exceeding three years.
Fellowship Emolument The research fellowship of Rs. 60,000/- per year will be provided to the selected fellow. It will be provided in addition to the researcher's own salary. The fellowship will be provided subject to completion of a minimum of 90 days of research work per year in the host institution. Additionally, a research grant of Rs.5 lakhs per annum and overheads will be provided as per SERB norms. out of which 50% grant will be provided with each to host and parent institution.
Note: 90 days working in host institute will be including, working days, summer vacation, winter vacation, public holidays, Saturdays and Sundays etc. For this attendance host institution will issue an attendance certificate by the year-end.
Compulsory AttendanceTotal attendance of a minimum of 90 days is mandatory for sanction of the proposal as the basic idea behind this is that during applicant should work with the mentor and get trained at a higher level during a minimum fixed period.
Selection & Mode of Application
- Proposals for TARE are asked and accepted once in a year and will be notified on the SERB website.
- The proposals will be submitted through the SERB website and evaluated through peer review processes as per SERB guidelines.
- Selection of the candidates will be purely competitive mode based on the scientific merit of the proposal.
How to Apply Online
- Proposals for TARE are asked and accepted once in a year and will be notified in the SERB website.Original official notification is available on the website www.serbonline.in and www.serb.gov.in.
- For submission of application, the applicant must visit the website www.serbonline.in and should first register himself online on the website of TARE.
- After registration and login, the applicant is required to fill all the mandatory details in the Profile Detail section under User Profile including Bio-data, Photo, Institute Address, etc.
- An applicant has to prepare and submit the following details/information at the time of proposal submission :
- Summary of the project proposal
- Project Title (max 500 characters)
- Abstract of the proposed work (max 3000 characters)
- Keywords (max 6 keywords)
- Objectives of the project (max 1500 characters)
- Expected outcomes of the proposal (max 1500 characters)
- Other relevant information with respect to the proposal must be uploaded in single PDF file not exceeding 10 MB as other technical documents (OTD) (Template available on the Website)
Documents required (in PDF) should be in submitted in the prescribed format that can be downloaded from the official website:
- The latest complete CV of the applicant (To be submitted under user profile section)
- Other technical details of the proposal (Template available on the Website)
- Certificate from the Principal Investigator (Template available on the Website)
- Endorsement certificate from the Head of Parent Institution (Template available on the Website)
- Endorsement Letter from the Head of host Institution (Template available on the Website)
- The CV of the Mentor (Template available on the Website)
- Category certificate
- Age proof certificate
- Joining report (Template available on the Website)
- Mandatory 90 days attendance certificate by the end of the financial year (Template available on the Website)
Last DateProposals under this scheme are being submitted. Interested candidates can submit the proposals till March 16, 2020 till 5 p.m.
- Programme Advisor/Coordinator: Dr. Rajeev Mehajan 'Scientist G'
- Programme Officer: Dr. T. Thangaradjou 'Scientist E'
- Address: Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB),
5 & 5A, Lower Ground Floor
Vasant Square Mall
Sector-B, Pocket-5, Vasant Kunj
New Delhi – 110 070