Gargi Memorial Institute of Technology (GMIT) B.Tech courses Admission 2020-21


Gargi Memorial Institute of Technology (GMIT) is one of the leading engineering colleges in West Bengal and offering admission to B.Tech courses in various disciplines of engineering. This article has the details of the courses offered, fee structure, scholarships offered, the procedure to apply and other relevant details.

About GMIT

Gargi Memorial Institute of Technology (GMIT) is an engineering college in West Bengal under JIS Group that started its operation in 2011. It was founded in memory of Late Gargi Mukherjee whose vision was to start the engineering college that will offer quality technical education to students from a completely new point of view.

The institute has the vision to impart ethics along with professionalism to all its students so that they can become a responsible citizen. The institute focuses on providing quality training to its students and hence in all the disciplines they select faculties who have the experience of teaching in prominent engineering institutes in West Bengal.

Courses offered

Presently the institute is offering B.Tech in five disciplines. They are:
  1. Civil Engineering
  2. Computer Science & Engineering
  3. Electronics & Communication Engineering
  4. Mechanical Engineering
  5. Electrical Engineering


Affiliation

The institute is affiliated to MAKAUT (Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology) and all the courses they offer are AICTE (All India Council of Technical Education)-approved.

Eligibility to apply

  • The institute admits students based on their merit in WBJEE & JEE Main. While 85% of the seats are filled up through the score of WBJEE, the rest 15% are there for JEE Main
  • Candidates in the general category must score 45% marks in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, while for reserved category candidates the score is 40%
  • Candidates should pass the subject English in their 10+2
  • Candidates can either take admission after going through WBJEEB counselling or can take provisional admission based on their ranks in WBJEE/JEE Main and HS score


Course fees

The fee structure of the courses offered by the institute in 2020-21 is provided below.
Fee 1
[Source: Official Website]

Candidates seeking admission to the courses through lateral entry, where they will be admitted directly to the second year, have to pay fees according to a separate fee-structure provided below.
Fee 2
[Source: Official Website]

Scholarships

The institute is offering various scholarships to eligible candidates. Along with that, the institute is offering BRIGHT COVID SCHOLARSHIP (Rs 1 Lakh) to all the candidates admitted during this pandemic situation. The scholarship schemes are given below.
Scholarship
[Source: Official Website]

How to apply

In 2020, candidates can apply online for provisional admission with their WBJEE/JEE Main rank through the admission link and fill up the details to submit the form. At the time of submitting the online application, the candidates have to pay Rs 10,000/- through online mode.

They need to keep the photocopy and original of the following documents ready during admission to 1st year for necessary verification.
  • 8 copies of passport/stamp size photograph of the candidate
  • Photograph of parents (Father and Mother's photograph)
  • Photo Identity Proof of the candidate
  • Admit Card and Mark sheet of Class 10
  • Admit Card and Mark sheet of Class 12
  • WBJEE/AIEEE Admit Card
  • WBJEE/AIEEE Rank Card
  • School Leaving Certificate
  • Migration Certificate (if a resident of outside West Bengal)
  • WBJEE Seat allotment paper
  • TFW Scheme allotment paper (if applicable)
  • Caste certificate (for SC/ST/OBC)
  • Medical Certificate
  • Report of Blood Group
  • Family income certificate (required for scholarship)


Contact information

Gargi Memorial Institute of Technology
Balarampur, Mouza Beralia,
Baruipur, Kolkata – 700144
Mobile: +91 8240192964 / 8100001990/ 8336942309/ 8336942266
E-mail: admissiongmit@gmail.com
Website: https://gmitkolkata.org/


Article by Sankalan Bhattacharya
Sankalan "Life is easier when you enjoy what you do"

Follow Sankalan Bhattacharya or read 50 articles authored by Sankalan Bhattacharya

Comments

No responses found. Be the first to comment...


  • Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
  • No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
  • This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
  • Name:
    Email: