Introduction Fish is one of the healthiest non-vegetarian food. We all know that fish is a great source of important nutrients, rich in fats, vitamins and minerals. If you are a non-vegetarian then you must add fish in one of your meal. Fish is a good source of vitamin D which is an important nutrient required for our good health. Fish contains vitamin B12 which is crucial for the growth of healthy red blood cells. Fish is also a great source of omega-3 fatty acids which is very good for our whole body and brain. There are many other health benefits of fish like it helps in lowering risk of heart diseases, helps in boosting brain development, protect your vision in old age, treating depression problem and many other benefits. So it is recommended to eat fish at least once or twice a week.
Eating fish daily can benefit your heath in many ways and also eating fish is good for your skin. Researches have shown that by eating fish you can have healthy skin, healthy hair and healthy heart.
Bhetki is a commonly found fish in India and has a number of health benefits including losing weight, prevent cancer, balancing cholesterol.
Many tasty dishes can be prepared with fish and I have learnt this Bhetki kasha recipe from my mother. This kasha recipe can be prepared with any other big fish also like ruhi or katla.
I have described the step by step method to prepare this bhetki kasha dish. I have split the ingredients into two categories as they are required separately for margination process and then for cooking process.
Ingredients for Marination • Bhetki fish- 300gms cut into 4 medium sized pieces
• Mustard oil- 1 tablespoon
• Tomato-2 medium sized sliced
• Onion paste-1 tablespoon
• Garlic paste-1 tablespoon
• Tumeric powder-1 tablespoon
• Salt-as per taste
Ingredients for Cooking • Mustard oil-3 tablespoon
• Onion-1 Medium sized chopped
• Red Chilli powder-1/2 tablespoon
• Potato-2 Medium sized cut into 4 pies
• Garam Masala Powder-1 tablespoon
• Ghee-2 tablespoon
Method for Marination • Wash the bhetki fish pieces properly.
• Then marinate the pieces in a separate pan with the ingredients of margination of 1 tablespoon mustard oil, sliced tomato, onion paste, garlic paste, turmeric powder and salt.
• Marinate it at least for 1 hr.
Method for Cooking • Take a frying pan and give 3 tablespoon of mustard oil.
• Remember the whole cooking will be done in a medium flame.
• Then give the potato pieces and fry them till they are golden brown.
• Then keep the potatoes aside in a separate dish.
• Now in the same oil give the chopped onion slices.
• Add required amount of salt.
• Then add the garam masala powder and chilli powder and saute them till the onion turn slightly brown in color.
• Then add 1 cup of water.
• Next add the marinated fish in the frying pan.
• Then add the fried potates and cook it for 20-25 mins.
• It will be a semi-dry dish.
• Once it is ready put off the gas and add 2 tablespoon of ghee on top for good taste.
• Serve it with rice.
Very nice article written by the author from the kitchen field.
Fish is known as healthy food. It is a good source of protein, vitamin and mineral. Moreover, it is a great source of vitamin D as well as omega 3 fatty acid which is necessary for body growth. It is found in every part of India. Many people use it as regular food.
Eating fish helps in controlling many diseases. It lowers the risk of heart-related disease. It controls blood pressure as well. It is very helpful in keeping healthy hair and healthy skin.
Indeed, Bhetki kasha is a famous recipe of west Bengal. It is generally cooked on the occasion of the festival. People cook and eat it with interest.