1. Who are SAP consultants?
The parametric knowledgeable person who gains the skills to implement and upgrade sap product are known as consultant.
2. How does SAP training help one?
SAP Training develops skills and experience in the practical management and application of ERP (SAP) technology. SAP training helps you maximize and accelerate the return on your investment in SAP solutions and gain the competitive advantage from your SAP solutions.
3. I have no knowledge and experience in SAP and would like to take up SAP courses. What are the recommended courses in SAP ?
Beginners are encouraged to take up level 1 course. There is SAP01 overview course which are relevant to beginners.
4. What are the pre - requisites for attending SAP training?
SAP E-Academy trainings are intensive in nature. It is essential to have good domain knowledge to undertake SAP Trainings. Candidate must possess appropriate academic qualification, backed by domain knowledge.
Minimum required qualification for doing SAP certification is graduation with two years of domain experience. Those who don’t have a degree must have eight to ten years of domain experience to undertake the training. Longer duration of domain experience covering various aspects of the domain is very useful for functional trainings in particular. You need to be strong in programming concepts to take the technical module of SAP E-Academy.
The preferred qualification for undertaking training in various modules is given below:
FICO Master’s degree in Commerce, Finance, CA, CFA, ICWA
HR Master’s in HR
PP Masters in Production
MM Master’s in Materials
SD Master’s in Marketing
ABAP All Computer Graduates and Post Graduates
5. What are the different types of SAP training?
There are 2 types of SAP Trainings:
ILT: Instructor-led SAP Training
OLT: Online (e-learning) SAP Training
Advantages & disadvantages of Instructor-led Training
• Fixed days and schedule
• Repetition of lessons is not possible
• Certification to be taken immediately after training
• More expensive
Online (e-learning) Training
• Flexible and time conscious
• Repetition of previous lessons can be taken any no. of times
• Certification can be taken at ease
• Cost effective
6. How does the online (E- learnig) SAP training work?
SAP has introduced a new learner-centric approach to training: a range of highly interactive Web-based courses designed specifically to deliver effective knowledge transfer - wherever and whenever it’s needed.
To provide flexible, targeted SAP training, the courses in the series are built to support a blended learning approach – where it is possible to build a learning path which takes into account both the best of traditionally instructor-led class-room training with the benefits of cutting-edge e-learning technology. e-Learning courses enable you to :
Improve the return on your training investment
Increase productivity & reduce TCO (total cost of ownership)
Transfer business process knowledge related to SAP effectively
Use your time in the most efficient way
Plan your training to suit your schedule
Revisit or revise content at later date
Monitor your performance
Identify additional learning needs
7. Is it possible to take a sample session in SAP to review the e-learning facility and the suitability for my SAP education and training ?
YES. Candidates are advised in their own interest to take a sample DEMO session before joining the course to ensure that there are no issues regarding the structure of the course.
8. What are the days and timing of SAP e - learning program?
Training timings for e-academy is very flexible and time conscious, one can attend according to their connivance any day any time (24/7) except national holidays.
9. What is a SAP certification program?
In the business world, SAP certification is most valuable in establishing your credentials. Those who hold it have honed their skills through rigorous study or direct experience. They have demonstrated their abilities by passing demanding, process-oriented exams. Regardless of whether you are an SAP partner, customer, or user, SAP certification can give you a distinct competitive advantage.
10. What are the pre - requisites for SAP certification ?
There are two ways by which a person can get certified.
1. by undergoing training at any of the Authorized Education Partners of SAP.
2. Should have at least 2 Implementation, were the Company authenticates and sponsor for the candidate. The Company, which is sponsoring the candidate, needs to be a SAP Partner.
11. Can I take the SAP certification exam alone if I have undergone SAP training in other institutions (Other than SAP partners) ?
SAP does not recognize trainings undertaken at any institute other than the SAP education partners. Certification is not available to such candidates.
12. What is the format of SAP examination?
The certification exam for core modules consists of 80 questions, which lasts for 3 hours. The no. of questions/duration may vary for advanced area. The questions are objective in nature. These examinations are release specific and reflect the actual tasks of an SAP consultant. The exams are standardized worldwide and carried out under the supervision of SAP.
13. How does ECC 6.0 training differ from ECC 5.0?
SAP India has introduced SAP training in version ECC 6.0 for all core modules from 24th Dec 2007. Earlier version was ECC 5.0.
The following are the changes brought in for trainings in ECC 6.0
i. Training and training material pertains to version ECC 6.0.
ii. A component of ‘e-Learning’ has been introduced for SD, MM, HR, FI & PP modules.
a. ‘e-Learning’ enables participant to complete a portion of training at their own pace.
b. The participant has an option to do the ‘e-Learning’ portion of the training at the Training Centre or at their own place/office.
c. Major portion of the ‘e-Learning’ has to be completed by the participant before the instructor-led class-room training starts as per the schedule. Hence, candidates must complete the required ‘e-Learning’ trainings in the previous week itself. All that is needed is a good connectivity to internet, a good PC with sound card and speakers or head phones to do ‘e-Learning’ from own place/office.
d. When you choose to do e-Learning at your own place/office, the total number of days away from own place/office is just 20 days as against 25 days earlier.
e. It is highly recommended to register nominations at least three weeks in advance along with fees to block the seat. Candidate will need to exercise their choice of place (own place/office or Training Centre) to do the ‘e-Learning’ at the time of registration.
f. Please Note: There is NO e-Learning component for trainings in PS, PM, QM & ABAP modules as of now & hence the training duration for the instructor-led training at the training centre remains the same for these trainings.
14. Is there any change in fee structure for ECC 6.0 trainings ?
No. There is no change in the fee structure for ECC 6.0. On the other hand, candidates have greater flexibility in doing some portion of learning at their own end (less time away from work) at their own pace with the help of powerful user-friendly interface, with slide show, voice-over training material delivered by SAP over internet to registered candidates.
15. What is the procedure for registration at MYM ?
For registration candidate as to come to our centre along with DD of training fees, copy of resume and 2 passport size photography
16. Is SAP too under recession?
1. The SAP Consulting Market seems to be very strong. Indicators include the fact that 50% or more of the people we try to recruit for direct-hire roles only want consulting. Bill rates are strong. Great SAP Talent is always on project and can easily get multiple contract offers in a fairly short time.
2. Major companies are committing to NEW SAP implementations and major upgrades creating large-scale hiring projects and opportunities for consulting partnerships.
3. Certain industries are really HOT - including Medical Device/Equipment, Pharmaceutical, Banking/Insurance, Aerospace & Defense, Mining (Gold/Copper/Coal), Energy/Utility, Hi-Tech Mfg, and the Public Sector. I see a little slow down with Manufacturing, Food/Beverage, CPG, and Chemical industries....
4. Companies are still seeking SAP Direct-Hire talent and are willing to pay very healthy fees & relocation to get the talent they seek.
5. GREAT SAP Talent in today's market, generally speaking, can easily find a very good opportunity to take advantage of their talents. (Especially those in major markets or willing to relocate)
6. Lastly, certain SAP skills seem to be in HIGH Demand including: Net weaver, XI, Enterprise Portals, BI 7.0, APO, CRM, SCM/SRM, WM, IS-Retail, AFS, HCM, and as always FI/CO!
1. Who are SAP consultants?
Thank you sir, I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. Nice explanation. We are providing sap WM online training. It is more effective and interesting for new learners. I thought I would leave my first comment. I feel great after reading this information.