A cover letter is a must in every resume when you are trying for a job. Some cover letters may be best and some might to good to some extent. There are cover letters of various types and styles. When writing a cover letter focused on content we can make lot of mistakes. Here in this articleare some common mistakes to avoid in your resume cover letter.
- Not Focusing on a particular position: Your Cover letter must speak about your position of each company, which you have worked. A cover letter used by every one doesn’t score points but your cover letter can score if you try your best.
- Present what’s in the resume: Cover letter should give best to your resume. One concept you should keep in your mind is that your resume must give satisfaction to employers, and the cover letter should afford the candidate.
- Not Spend sufficient time: Job seekers give generous care to resume, when it comes to cover letter they take it as a pain to prepare quickly. Remember, one thing in many organization cover letters is used as sample for writing.
- Professional Look: Cover letter must be professional communication and not an informal message to reader. Write a cover letter with a clear point to make you understand. Your cover letter should sound the recruiter that you are a suitable candidate for their organization.
- Not Using Informal Greeting: Your Cover letter should address the people, Particularly whom you don’t know, address them with their last names. Candidate who don’t know follow this point, their resume is rejected as improper application from the data.
- Not treating your letter: If you want your cover letter should stand out of the crowd you must greet the person who conducts to interview for you. For example your cover letter must start with "Good Morning" or "Dear HR" so the interviewer will notice your name while interviewing.
- Not knowing about the Organization: When you get a call from the organization for interview, start your research on company profile, their product etc..Your resume can mention that you are familiar with company and the person who employees there.
- Request for salary details: Don’t mention your salary details in your resume, until you are requested. You can discuss your salary during your personal interview directly if they ask you. If can ask it after knowing your roles and responsibilities.
- Don’t individualizing your ad letter: When applying for job seeing the ads, use the exact keywords, which they given in ads, which matches the company needs.
- Don’t use bold, Italic: When you want to highlight specific point or line don’t use bold, Italic or underline it doesn’t look uniform. Instead use quotations and Bullets are two ways to use in cover letter.
- No Errors or Spelling Mistakes - Your cover letter will be rejected if it has grammatical errors or spelling mistakes. So, you must be very careful because your cover letter shows your quality of work and you must show recruiter expectation.