Hyderabad's Ramoji Film City – an introductory note
Whenever some of your relations or friends visit you in Hyderabad or Secunderabad known as twin cities, the firs thing will ask you to take them on a tour of Ramoji Film City. The reason for their curiosity to see this place of tourist interest in Hyderabad is not far to seek since Ramoji Film City has created a unique niche among the tourists community of the world. The Ramoji City is spread over a sprawling area of 1666 acres across natural locale pf beautiful hillocks about 25-40 kilometres from the main city centres on the outskirts of historic city of Hyderabad on Vijyawada highway Number 9. Ramoji city has been certified by as the world' largest film studio complex by the Guinness Book of World Records. It has got its place among the Asia's most popular tourism and recreation centres. Ramoji film city does not only attract a common Indian or foreign tourist who can enjoy the beautiful locations for fun and frolic but it also provides the makers of TV programmes and movies the facility of world' largest integrated film studio complex. There are beautiful statues and gardens laid all about the place in addition to the comprehensive and international-standard pre-production, production and post-production resources. Ramoji film city is a heaven for both business and leisure travellers which attract over a million tourists every year. There is no parallel to the state of the art and advanced technological services offered to the film making community. That is why the motto of the Ramoji film city is Walk in with a script and walk out with a canned film.
How to reach Hyderabad Ramoji Film City from various localities in the city
Ramoji Film City is well connected by bus service of the AP State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC), Government of India tourism department and private bus operators spread across the length and breadth of the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad. APSRTC runs buses from the Women's College Bus Stop at Koti on the route Nos. 207, 204A, 205, 205A, 205B, 206, 299 and from Secunderabad (Uppal Bus Stop) on route Nos. 290S, 290A/F, 290T. Auto rickshaws also ply from various places vide Dilsukhnagar and LB Nagar and from Nampally railway station via Abids, Koti and Dilsukhnagar. Ramoji Film City has an extension counter at the Shamshabad International Airport to assist securing transport to Ramoji Film City. The help counter of Ramoji Film city also provides general preliminary information about the Film city. All vehicles will take the tourists to the main entrance, parking lots and ticket counters located at a walking distance from the Vijayawada Highway No.9. There is a cafeteria and toiletry facilities available near the ticket counters. After the purchase of tickets, the tourists are allowed on the other side of the counter complex through security check from where the Ramoji Film City's own fleet of buses carry the tourists to the main complex within 15-20 minutes. The bus service is very fast and does not allow the tourists to wait for more than 5 minutes. Once you are inside the complex, the Ramoji Film City's own open red coloured buses take the visitors around various locations in the Film City complex. The cost of this transportation is included in the tickets. Cameras including video cameras are allowed to be taken inside the complex. Outside cooked food is not allowed to be carried inside the complex.
Some general Guidelines to for producers, film makers, Ad agencies and foreign tourists
Ramoji Film City offers the following guidelines for the help of producers, film-makers, advertisement agencies and foreign tourists to serve this category of visitors better.
• The above categories of visitors to Ramoji Film City are advised to seek prior appointment before reaching Ramoji Film City as they may need a vehicle to commute within the premises of Ramoji Film City.
• Such visitor should provide the details such as number of people accompanying them, their relevance to the project and their vehicle registration numbers, if any. This will enable their quick entry at the security gate without hustles.
• Such visitors must seek permission for before engaging in photography / videography in the special areas.
• There is a special procedure for foreigners seeking permissions to shoot feature films / documentaries in India.
• The foreigners requiring to make use of the utility of shooting films inside the Ramoji Film City should send a simple letter addressed to the Ministry Of Information And Broadcasting, Government Of India, 'A' Wing Shastri Bhavan, New Delhi - 110 001 indicating their intention to shoot in India, mentioning the dates of shooting, particulars of the cast and crew, and their chosen locations. The letter should be sent at least a month before the planned shooting schedule along with four copies of the final detailed shooting script, a draft / cheque for US$ 200 drawn in favour of Pay & Accounts Officer, Ministry of I & B, (MS) New Delhi. (That is a fee for scrutiny of the script), detailed shooting locations and particulars regarding the cast and crew coming to India. No fee is required for shooting documentaries in India. The list of the equipment to be temporarily imported must be sent enable the authorities to exempt the temporary import from customs duty. There are certain other guidelines like copy right, co-production etc. may be found out.
Fascinating play areas of Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
Ramoji Film City offers varied fun experience both for the old and children alike with special attractions for children. These can be described as follows:
• There is Fundustan which takes the visitor to a kingdom of merry-making, magic and marvel. The giant guardian angel of Fundustan is just awful. Fundustan which is created from a child's fantasy and is adored especially by the children.
• Thrillville, the Adventure land offers exciting rides with Ranger, Super Jet, Striking Cars, Break-Dancer and Twister.
• Then there is Wonderville Tollyland which also houses "Joyoli", the magic bird that sprinkles spirit of joy washing away all sorrows of the visitors.
• Borasura gives the visitors a spin chilling experience as one explores the dark age of Borasura, the one of the first ever themed walkthroughs in Asia.
• Presto Magic toyshop will attract children to play with toys of all sorts.
• Deli Express Train Restaurant will provide an exciting thrill of train riding for kids. The train offers the children delicious children's eatables.
• The children will find an exciting video games parlour housed in Dadajinn's Ark providing the latest play gadgets and thrilling video games.
• The Timberland play zone displays excellent carpentry skills and imaginations provide an unlimited entertainment for the young minds.
• Ballerina Found the dancing fountain in the play region swings and dances to the tunes of hypnotizing music to enthral the visitors.
• The Dome amphitheatre is designed for plays, dances, shows and other variety entertainment programmes that will capture the fantasies of kids and families alike.
• The thrill rides will make the visitors experience the thrill and adventure of riding.
• Faunadale, a wonderful animal kingdom will fascinate all animal lovers with a variety of friendly animals.
• Corrolla is the valley of flowers with beautiful, attractive, colourful and vibrant flowers which will take the visitor to a dream valley of flowers of various hues.
Gardens, Nurseries and Fountains at Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
• Ramoji Film City is beautifully landscaped and the whole area is covered with several types of garden each providing a separate theme of its own.
• The lush green foliage and flowers of these gardens leave the visitors with a lingering memory in their minds. These exotic gardens with different names offer the visitors to shoot the still or video films to carry forward their memorable experience to the future generations. Every garden is sure to leave the visitors spell-bound.
• At least, once in life time the visitor will have a feeling of being among the best of the nature's existence forgetting all his worries and hectic engagements. Every moment of the visitors' presence among these lush green tracts of beauty will make them feel above the world.
• These beautiful and fascinating gardens in Film city are lined with wonderful statutes of beauties. They are lined with exotic water fountains all over the places. The lighting around these beautiful fountains is worth seeing once it is night time.
• There is an exclusive nursery of Ramoji Film city named Shangari-La which has a variety of exotic and charming flowers and plants. One can get oneself photographed among these plants by professional photographs on prescribed charges. Visitors can even buy seeds and plants from the nursery. It gives you heavenly experience to be among the plants in the nursery. The experts at the nursery can create customized floral designs for the visitors.
• Ramoji Film City will be illuminated only on special occasions
Exclusive shooting sets at the Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
• One can experience the world of cinema with a number of set and studios spread across the complex. A visitor to the film city can have a look at hundred of movie sets starting from the rural to the urban settings, from the eastern to the western world settings.
• Experience the architectural wonders made a cheaper cost which look so fabulous when you watch a movie in the cinema hall. There is a blend of landscapes and skyscrapers which can be changed according to the settings needed by a movie maker.
• One can find beautiful manicured lawns, rivulets, singing fountains, palaces, shopping plazas, an airport terminal, railway station, police outpost, churches, mosques, temples, chateaus, gateways and whatever is the need of a film producer.
Exhilarating and spell bounding entertainment shows at Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
• A non-stop fun awaits a tourist to the Hyderabad Ramoji Film City moment the visitor enters the complex. Most exciting shows take place at various locations in the complex which are continuously announced through the broadcasting system for the guidance of the visitors.
• At Eureka the visitor just walks through the Mauryan lane and if he likes the west he is directed to the American Wild West or one can experience the ambience of the Mughal era in another lane.
• The opening ceremony at the Ramoji Film City starts with a band of musicians, singers and dancers in their traditional costumes at 10 am which ends in a closing ceremony at 5.45 pm.
• At Eureka various shows like the stunt shows, Hoe down, Street theatre, Spirit shows are held from 11.30 am onwards till 5.30 pm
• Similar shows are held at Fundustan from 10.30 am to 4.45 pm which include Dome circus, Caterpillar, Fountain Dance, Anikids, Puppet show and Characters.
• One can watch a mock shooting and opt to become Hema Malini for a scene from Sholay to be shot which will give the movie shooting experience to the visitor the like of which she / she had never experienced before.
• There is a virtual European and world tour sitting in a wonder train.
• The feeling of rising high in a tower and then falling to the ground with earth under you shivering as due to an impact of earthquake and the rats running in between your legs and water drops falling all around you sitting in the high tower is worth the experience.
Sumptuous food served in Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
• The visitor can have authentic Mughalai cousine from the royal house of Awadh at Alampana.
• At Chankaya, the visitors can enjoy the vegetarian Indian thali.
• Gunsmoke is the fast food centre which gives you all the taste of the wild west.
• The Planet food café offers all kinds of food the kids love. There are variety of fast foods, snacks and beverages available here.
• Ganga Jamuna restaurant offers a purely vegetarian south Indian delight. One can have a traditional south Indian thali to satisfy the southern taste.
Some other activities at Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
• Hyderabad Ramoji Film City has its own calendar of events like Shubh Sankaranti, Chamkate Sitare, Fund under the sun, Monsoon carnival, Fundoofest, Diwali carnival, Christmas carnival and New Year celebrations.
• Ramoji Film City offers block buster holiday packages for stay at Film city's luxury hotel Sitara and economical Tara and Sahara.
• There are exotic honeymoon offers with all the facilities provided which can be booked in advance. The package starts from Rs.8,999/- onwards.
• Ramoji Film City offers facilities required for any perfect corporate events.
Packages, Tariffs and Services offered at Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
Address, Contact No, Email and Website of Hyderabad Ramoji Film City
Ramoji Film City,
R.R.Dist - 501512.
You may also like to read
Hyderabad tourist guide Dhola-ri-Rani ethnic Rajasthani style resort
Tourist guide to Hyderabad, the city of charminar pearls
|Author: Ramachandran Pattabiraman 25 May 2011 Member Level: Gold Points : 1|
|Good and informative posting Sukhdev singh Ji,|
We can also get bookings at the AP Tourism corporate office at
Himayat Nagar,Hyederabad 500063 Phone NO.040-23262151,23262152,23262153,23262154
Tank Bund Road,Hyderabad
Phone No.:040 - 65581555,23450165
KPHB Road, (opp)Viswanath Theatre), Hyderabad
Phone NO.: 040- 23052028,65504999
Yatri Niwas,S.P.Road, Hyderabad
Phone NO.: 040 -27893100,27816375,66387598