Lady Ratanbai & Sir Mathuradas Vissanji Academy, Mumbai Review
The Vissanji Academy is an ICSE school which was initially a girls school and became co-ed later. The motto of the school is Love and Learn. The school celebrates events on campus, such as Republic Day, Grandparents Day, etc. There is an annual Sports Day too. Some of the students have won inter-school competitions in judo, gymnastics, and other sports.
Academics: The students of Std. IX & X have 3 groups of subjects. The first group includes English, Hindi, Social Studies (History & Geography), and EVS. The second group includes Mathematics and Science (Physics, Chemistry & Biology). The third group includes Technical Drawing, Commercial Applications, Computers (Any One) - in this group, the students can select any one subject. From Std. IV to Std VII there is a third language. Then there are other subjects: Art, Physical Education, Socially Useful Productive Work (in which there is a grading system) and Community Service and Education in moral and spiritual values. Further, students are members of various houses - Drepung (Blue house), Ganden (Green house), Jokang (Yellow house) and Sera (Red house). Students of primary classes I to V are called Clubs.
* The campus has a superb library that houses innumerable books on a variety of topics related to History, Political Science, Art, Sports, Travel, etc. A separate research center provides access to magazines, videos, CDs, etc. The books here cover offbeat topics too, such as stamps and coins, plants, etc. The student library timings are 8 am to 3.30 pm on school days and from 10am to 12 noon on Saturdays.
* The cafetaria is the designated area for eating. The school canteen provides light refreshments during the short break and lunch during the lunch break.
* Physics, Chemistry & Biology laboratories are well equipped.
* Computer Laboratory.
* Indoor: Taekwondo, Judo, Karate, Chess, Rifle shooting, Table Tennis
* Outdoor: Swimming, Lawn Tennis, Basketball, Football, Volleyball
* Other activities: Yoga, Music, Theatre, Dance, Vocal Singing, Art & Craft,