Siva Sivani Institute of Management, Secunderabad Review
Siva Sivani Institute of Management (SSIM) established in 1992, founded by Sri S.P. Sampathy. Just in few years of operation, It joined the top B-school list in Andhra Pradesh. PGDM courses offered by this B-school are AICTE approved. SSIM has been functioning as an autonomous institute since its inception without affiliation to any university.
Campus: SSIM offers excellent environment for students and helps them to be successful managers and to achieve their goals. Institute has traditional classrooms in 1990s, with an idea of paperless classrooms, adopted advanced technology for long discussions and also offered free laptops to all the students in 2002. It has a competent and committed faculty on permanent rolls and many visiting faculty both from industry and academia. College operates in 2 shifts, this is to provide maximum benefit to the students from their faculty members with their 100% reach throughout the sessions.
Institute has a big library with thousands of volumes in various subjects, collection of magazines. There is a huge auditorium, where meetings, conferences are being conducted regularly for the students. Institute also offers Leadership Programs for Managers from various sectors from time to time, It is a boon for the regular students to get interact with them on the occasion.
Hostel rooms are well equipped with all the necessary facilities can accommodate only two. Canteen welcomes the students with hygenic food without any compromise. Whole campus is surrounded by trees, students feels relaxed during lunch and evening timings. Wi-Fi connectivity and personal laptops for each student helps students to interact each other on various academia topics all the time.
Different Courses Offered: Institute offers 5 different types of courses to meet the growing needs of the Business world.
1. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Triple Specialization)
2. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Global Business)
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Banking, Insurance, Finance and Allied Services)
4. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (HR) and IT / Business Analytics / Marketing / Finance / Operations as minor specialization
5. Post Graduate Diploma in Management (Marketing) and IT / Business Analytics / HR / Finance / Operations as minor specialization
Out of 5 programs listed above, First 3 programs are available both in Residential and Non-Residential mode. Last two programs are offered only in Residential mode.
Placement & Training Department: Another strength to SSIM is its training and placement division. They always analyses the current and future industry demands and make necessary changes in the course structure. These changes help students to compete the global needs of the industry in various specializations. Institute has tie up with almost 73 top companies in different sectors, to recruit the outgoing students. It also got 3 international placements in year 2010-11.
Institute Recognition in the Industry: Institute stood in top list of B-schools for couple of years with imparting quality education and delivering multi skilled managers to meet the global needs.
1. Given 35th Rank by Business World in National B-school rankings
2. Given A1 by AIMA in its 2011 survey in South India amongst top B-schools
3. Being an authorized research center for M.Phil / Ph.D Students from Rayalaseema University
4. Given 12th Rank for its excellence by CSR-GHRDC B-School survey 2011
5. Given 30th Rank by Business Barens Survey February 2011 as India's Top B-school brands
6. Given 14th Rank by The Week MaRS Survey among top B-schools in South India
7. Awarded as one of the top Institutions of India Award for the year 2010 by CSR
8. Given A++ by Business Industry Survey in India amongst the Best B-schools
9. Given A* at the State level and B*** at the National level by CRISIL
Sphoorthy - A newsletter published by SSIM and distributes among students with a list of speeches and webinars that are being organized by SSIM alumni and staff on TV to benefit the students.
Events: College Management always encourages to conduct events from time to time to build interaction among the students that also helps them to organize the things well in groups. Few of the events are
- Samskriti - All Junior students to dress them up well in a traditional way. Panel of judges award Mr. and Miss. Samskriti at the end of the event.
- Smriti - Juniors arrange a grand farewell party to their seniors in 6th trimester. Many other fun and exciting activities are organized to strengthen the long relationship between seniors and juniors even after their course completion.
- Sneha - SSIM believe that the Alumni Association has plays major role in brand building of institute and in its development. College Management invites them to the campus and organizes various activities to feel them still to be part of the SSIM family.
- Samaroh - Recently organized a two day International Seminar on a debating topic "Emerging Economies : BRIC and ASEAN MARKETS as New Growth Engines" on 10th and 11th of February. This helps the students to get updated with global awareness.
- Spandana - Seniors conducts Spandana festival to welcome freshers into SSIM family. This helps them to get interact with their seniors and the relationship start here. College believes in the growth start with building up of interpersonal relationships.
- Sammelan - Its an intra collegiate meet of our students across all specializations to recognize the inner talents of the students. Various cultural activities, games, fun activities etc. are being part of the event. Sometimes, they go on outig for a nearest resort or so.
- Samanvay - Similar to a tech fest, Its an 2-day Inter collegiate meet for all Management Students organized by the students of SSIM. In 16th Samanvay happened in January 2012, more than 2000 management students from various b-schools in the state were participated in this event. The event includes handful of management activities and collection of lectures by eminent speakers and industry experts. Overall its an opportunity for every SSIM student to show them as a leader in organizing the event better.